Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts
For those of you who carry tools with you on your long rides and like to prevent water/dust/dirt/sand/etc from getting into your tools you can source an old military ammo box for pretty cheap. They are strong, compact and water/dust proof, and fit easily underneath the drivers seat. Here in Utah we have a place called Smith and Edwards that sells as sorts of old military stuff... its ******* heaven!!! ha ha ha
Thats what I have. I even lined the inside with a rubber shelf liner to keep the tools from rattling around. It works great.

Cheap tip time....

Next time you start one of those tear down projects, instead of throwing your bolts, washers, and nuts willy-nilly in a pail, get some cardboard.

Draw a rough pattern of the part and thread your screws, bolts through the cardboard and add your washers, nuts as you go. Label the cardboard and add at least two directional orientations to it, ie; sheave cover, forward, up.

Two weeks pass because the wife hit you up with the honey-do list. Now, at least you won't be standing there scratching your ass wondering where those three extra bolts came from and if it will hurt to leave them out.
Genius :beer:

if I'm posting I'm playing mailman

Great thread. Keep it going.

Got around to greasing the zerk fittings. On the rear A-arm bushings 3 of my fittings were stubborn and would not take grease. Took my heat gun to them, which liquefies any grease that dries up, especially at the zerk and they then took grease. With the grease hot, it's easier to displace the old stuff as well. I've seen YT vids of guys using a torch to heat them up, but I think a heat gun is safer.

The heat gun also works on the plastic chassis guards. If a rock/branch has torn your plastic chassis guards you can melt the plastic back into shape.

Instead of ur eng venting to ur airfilter box and getting oil all over ur filter people use a siphon break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RHINO RAT
121 - 136 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.