Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts
I put a cheap stereo in mine using my ipod, an amp, and a couple of speakers. Igot a 400watt and speaker box from craigslist for 20 bucks.

bought a wire from RadioShack to plug ipod into amp for 8 bucks and some speaker wire for 20 bucks. mounted the speaker box in the top of the cage, and plugged it all together using a switch on the dash to power the amp. NOw i flip the switch, pick a song on my ipod and hit play.

Total cost: 65 bucks for a 400 watt system. :banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: oilcan1001
Want a cheap dome light? get a 4-5'' round tap light the kind you would use in a closet etc. dollar stores have them, velcrow it up on the inside of your top,, mines been there over a year & still works great.
I have gone through two of the stick-on halogen light pods. They fall off after a couple of months from bumpy rides.:33:

Want a cheap dome light? get a 4-5'' round tap light the kind you would use in a closet etc. dollar stores have them, velcrow it up on the inside of your top,, mines been there over a year & still works great.
I have gone through two of the stick-on halogen light pods. They fall off after a couple of months from bumpy rides.:33:
remove the tape and put on with a couple dabs of clear silicone... tape it up overnite......works great....

remove the tape and put on with a couple dabs of clear silicone... tape it up overnite......works great....
I used the good 3M double sided tape. That stuff is tough!

Going deep

Don't pay for your snorkle kit online, built it yourself. With some simple S40 PVC pipe from lowe's and a good run through on the bike getting ALL! vent lines and primary electrical connections sealed you will have out done the kits sold... TAKE YOUR TIME! and don't forget the fuel tank vent line that goes into the frame ;)

Ok so I had nothing to do today but take some pictures and this is what I did. Took off the header pipe and ported it to open up more flow on the stock head pipe which was about a 33% increase in area for flow. Here's the pic's.

Attachments

Really good thread. I made a half windshield with a piece of plexi-glass and a couple u-bolts from home depot. Total cost was like 25 bucks for everything. Then you can use a jig saw and cut the bottom of the plexi-glass to fit the top of the hood better. I also put some foam around the bottom to better seal next to the hood. The whole thing really makes a difference on those cold rides.
I'm thinking about doing the same thing, except using a sheet of lexan. Do you trailer yours at highway speeds with the windshield? I'm looking at doing a full windshield but hinging it in the middle to allow it to be opened or the top half removed in the summer. Don't really want to have to take it off and put it back on after hauling on a trailer on the highway.

I was told to use Lexan rather than plexiglass as Lexan doesn't scratch as easily and doesn't shatter like plexiglass.

It's fine at hisar speeds I have my rhino on my trailer and on the rack in the back of my truck no problems 130 kph

Awesome thread!! I will add a tip also. You can buy a marine cd player frt. cover from eBay for around $10. On the back side you can buy a 2 gallon rectangal pitcher with rounded corners from Walmart. Cut off the handle with your Dremel tool & use clear silicone to make sure U dont have any leaks on the fire wall. Drill a small hole in the bottom to run your wires thru & your set with a couple more drops of silicone!! All for less than $25. I tried this for a friend on a budget a couple years ago & he rides alot of water with no issue's thus far. Saved him around $40 vs. a fully enclosed marine housing. I hope this is useful to someone!! I will try to look up some pix asap.

Cheap DIY lighting solution
I mostly ride at night and the stock headlights weren't cutting it on the trails. I was having a real hard time pulling the trigger on the expensive light rails and $150 per light. The cheapest I found was $298 plus shipping and then I would need to modify my windshield to make it fit...Solution:

VIP chrome "pimp my ride" fog lights pair $27.99 x2 = $55.98

comes with wiring harness, switch, connections, fuse but wires were not long enough so had to modify it a bit.

Wire, butt connects, other misc hardware $12.48...
Total investment $68.46

Results - The lights are a bit smaller than I'd like but look great! I installed them on the the windshield brace so I didn't need to drill holes....just removed the bolt. They look like they were designed to be there. The wires tuck right under the the roof and can't be seen at all. I was a little concerned that these cheap lights wouldn't put out any light and I would end up with just some chrome. Well lighting is great!! These blow up the forest...my neighbor said I look like Mad Max coming down the road. Here are some photos

Just Headlights

With overheads

In that light ...comparison pic...the stock lights only hit the red car...they do not light up the ground in front....or the trees in the back ground!!...thats nice...where did you buy them?...what kind of bulb and what is the wattage?

I thought i was the only one who had to bear hug my hood open!

after a long delay wth wet clutch rhino was hard to start...i have a boat tank bulb in my shed thats new

going to ace to look for conduit clamps...those could be used for many rollbar things

been picing winches...thats really just bling...i have a comealong and staps and all that stuff( mom worked for "warn" for 20 years when it was family) I'm going that route..."also small short handle shovel...and a old car bumper jack works great"

I like the batty disconect...depening on where you install?.." they also work so unatherized peaple cant just hop in and takeoff"

"there is a fram oil filter that fits and is cheep,(Fram extra guard # PH7317 )works good when i was flushing my oil system because of traped oil thats left in the lines and cooler"...and then install yama one when done...anyone have a tip to remove "all oil?"

is that napa fuel filter the same size?..my after market one is larger and the plastic cover dont fit rite

great thread...thanks everyone

One trick I heard of to add heat to your cab is to install a flexible pipe behind your radiator and the other venting into the cab. A small computer fan can be added to help blow the warm air. The flexible hose used on driers works fine.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.