Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 04 660 here. When I first start it up I am at 14v and as it warms up it goes lower and lower. By the time it is warm enough to put it into gear to go without stalling it is down to 12v and as low as 10v. Ricky Stator on it that is new in the terms that it only has one long weekend on it riding in the woods. Otherwise we have just been using it in the yard for garden work so not much mileage on it. What is causing these stators to burn out so quickly? We have a big trip planned in April and I plan on putting in an alternator as well even though we don't really have any big aftermarket consumers on it so we don't get stuck on the trail.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,
sorry I can't help more as I haven't had my rhino that long ,, on my stator it's bad now only put out 12.5 volts through out the rpm range , I will be changing it out and doing a alternator install myself and make my own plate as needed and machine a pully from a small block chevy water pump pulley . since yours is going to 14v on start up do you think it may be the Regulator Rectifier that is bad and going out , since that is what urns the AC to DC volts . and could be whats causing the voltage drop as it heats up ,, my Regulator Rectifier is hot to the touch ..
post back with any updates .

TS2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh, thank you. I haven't had a chance to pull it in yet and take a look yet. Need to bring it into work where all my tools are so I am gathering all my parts to do it all in one go. New Hunterworks sheave, radiator, alternator 💪

1 - 3 of 3 Posts