Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to squeeze more ground clearance, I purchsed and installed the CFM Performance 2" lift kit.

The install was straightforward and took no time at all. The result is an extra 2 inch clearance all the way around!

By the way, the craftsmanship put in to the making of this kit is super A+!

The Front:

And the Rear:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice solid looking setup. Any before and after pics from the side?

·
Registered
101 Posts
pics!!!!!!.....i have been wanting to lift mine for years just scared to. i had the 2" highlifter kit on my grizzly for 2 months and took it off it felt too tippy in the terrian i ride. im worried im gonna get that same feeling in the rhino once lifted.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed no difference in handling after the lift, none. Actually, it felt even more dialed in. I have the before images that I will resize and upload shortly in a "side by side" comparison.

The visial difference is quite noticable.

pics!!!!!!.....i have been wanting to lift mine for years just scared to. i had the 2" highlifter kit on my grizzly for 2 months and took it off it felt too tippy in the terrian i ride. im worried im gonna get that same feeling in the rhino once lifted.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks for the write up.
I always appreciate your thoroughness in reviews and installs.

Your Rhino and mine have similar mods, and I too have been considering the CFM lift. Would you say that these lifts make it ride rougher? I'm concerned that the lift just uses the suspension downtravel and might produce a rough ride or make the shocks "top-out" over rough terrain.

Thanks again for the review.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually find the ride to be better, smoother. Even the DW commented during our Xmas light outing at how much better it handled.

With the 425's dialed in, the Big Horns and the 2" lift, I finally feel like this is what has been needed all along since I added the 4 seater setup.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im glad you posted the pics of the rear. They helped make sense of my install. I got my kit yesterday and was going to install the whole thing tonight.. except for the fact that the directions were not very.. logical AND none of the spacers made it into the box.. So after using some nuts as spacers I was able to get the rears done. Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
356 Posts
got it , love it, jealous of your shocks thou.. looks nice

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have made several posts about the crappy instructions sent with ATV/UTV aftermarket parts. "If" there are any instructions, they are always poorly writtend and accompanied by the worst photos ever taken, if taken at all.

If these vendors don't know how to write installation instructions, they should find someone who can [hint hint].

Those spacers are a must but I am glad you found a work-around.

Im glad you posted the pics of the rear. They helped make sense of my install. I got my kit yesterday and was going to install the whole thing tonight.. except for the fact that the directions were not very.. logical AND none of the spacers made it into the box.. So after using some nuts as spacers I was able to get the rears done. Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im a car mechanic by profession, so I was able to figure it out and make stuff work. I did get the real spacers from the guy in the mail last week. I may eventually install the actual spacers, but for right now its working so why bother.

with all of the stuff I have purchased before, this was the worst example of directions ive seen. It pretty much said "install the front brackets" and "install the rear brackets".. I exaggerate obviously, but it was really really lacking in details and descriptions.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks for the pictures garyhartaz

As has been said before...the included directions suck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you for posting the pics Gary! As you, I'm looking for additional ground clearance. I received my CFM Lift a few weeks ago, opened it up and couldn't believe the lack of installation instructions. What a pathetic piece of useless paper!! Haven't installed yet because I'm still waiting on a few more items to complete my project. Got some 27" tires on the way and still gotta get with James to get a new sheave coming. Thanks again, those pics will help me tremendously!!!!!

Sent via iPad2

·
Banned
93 Posts
I would like to make a comment on the 2" CFM lift. I installed mine over a year ago on my 2007 Rhino 660 and love it. I ordered it directly from CFM and not from someone on E-Bay. I had no problems with the instructions that came with it and received all spacers,nuts,and bolts to install it.The inatall took me about an hour. I would hate to see the guys at CFM get a bad rap because someone ordered a look alike or a knockoff from someone other than CFM. The best way to guarantee a CFM lift kit is to order directly from CFM. I feel they make a great product and will stand behind what they sell.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would like to make a comment on the 2" CFM lift. I installed mine over a year ago on my 2007 Rhino 660 and love it. I ordered it directly from CFM and not from someone on E-Bay. I had no problems with the instructions that came with it and received all spacers,nuts,and bolts to install it.The inatall took me about an hour. I would hate to see the guys at CFM get a bad rap because someone ordered a look alike or a knockoff from someone other than CFM. The best way to guarantee a CFM lift kit is to order directly from CFM. I feel they make a great product and will stand behind what they sell.
Myself, as well as others, made opinions/comments about the not so user friendly instructions with the kit. I happen to be a picture person. Show me good pics or video and I'll get it. Words on a piece of paper and illustration for half the job, just doesn't cut it for me. My kit was ordered directly from CFM and the craftsmanship looks second to none. Once installed, I'm 100% sure I'll love it and stand behind it as you do. I just think the instruction sheet could be much more detailed. The internet and forums are often a great guide for me.

Sent via iPad2

·
Registered
9 Posts
U installed front backwards

The front is backwards in ur pic. You only get bout an inch with it pointed outward and it may rub your tires if they are 12in wide. Lift should be pointed more upward. You get a true 2" that way. Took me a minute to figure it out, but i followed your pics and was only gaining a lil over an inch. Switched em around and voila. 2008 rhino 700

·
Registered
472 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.