Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the mountains and my Rhino decided to go junk on me.. I thought maybe it was an altitude issue, but I really have my doubts about that.
Here are the symptoms:
Driving along and she acts like she is out of gas, backfire and stumble, then stall. Crank starter, no fire. Give it a small shot of starter fluid, we are off and running.
It started doing it going up hill. After a while, did it going downhill. Backfire, surge, buck then croak. If I got to the starter juice quick enough, I could catch it before it died. go for maybe 10 minutes, then do it again.

Then, the last 5 miles, no problem. Ran great. Like an old horse, she new we were headed home..I know it is a fuel issue, but where do I start?

ANY IDEAS???? would be very helpful

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went to the mountains and my Rhino decided to go junk on me.. I thought maybe it was an altitude issue, but I really have my doubts about that.
Here are the symptoms:
Driving along and she acts like she is out of gas, backfire and stumble, then stall. Crank starter, no fire. Give it a small shot of starter fluid, we are off and running.
It started doing it going up hill. After a while, did it going downhill. Backfire, surge, buck then croak. If I got to the starter juice quick enough, I could catch it before it died. go for maybe 10 minutes, then do it again.

Then, the last 5 miles, no problem. Ran great. Like an old horse, she new we were headed home..I know it is a fuel issue, but where do I start?

ANY IDEAS???? would be very helpful

Sounds like you may be having fuel pump issues that’s if you are still running the stock pump, if you have clear lines and you see a bunch of air in the lines that’s signs of your pump going bad not keeping a prime and unable to build prime up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Check your fuel filter also

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was looking for a fix and ran across your post. You've probably fixed yours by now. BUT, I had a similar problem with identical symptoms. Acted just as you described, and starter fluid helped when I shot it into intake. Checked gas, fuel pump, fuel filter, even thought I had water in tank. Turns out it was simple. The Spark plug wire was loose where it connects on the plug. It has to be seated into the head. The plug wire must be seated all the way in. I think the starter fluid helped because it ignites even with a tiny or weak spark. When the wire is loose, it bounces around making occasional or weak contact/spark. I know, it sounds too simplistic but it fixed mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts