Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 06 rhino 660 and the previous owner had been having an issue with backfiring through the carb since he bought it. While he had it he had added a slip on pipe to it and a different CDI. I have rebuilt the top end with new piston and rings, valves and valve springs. And I'm still getting the backfire. It has an electric fuel pump on it that one of the previous owners has changed. Today I was looking thought everything I thought I thought may cause the backfire and upon inspiring the diaphram I found what looks like a spot that has gotten hot and melted a little. I was hoping somebody could tell me if they think this area could be the problem or not before I order a new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m no professional but usually backfiring through the carb has to do with timing. The cdi telling the coil to fire while the intake valve is still open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the timing and it's good and the vavles are all loose at TDC. Any other ideas what it could be. I have tried adjusting fuel mix screw and it doesn't get any better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts