Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Yamaha Rhino it has almost 8000 miles on it. Still runs like a champ other than the slight carb problem I have. Recently I have upgraded to a DMC exhaust, opened up airbox and a dynojet kit running a 165 main and stock #40 pilot jet. Also a new Yamaha fuel pump. From idle stepping on the gas it wants to die but quickly but recovers as the rpms run up. It will run fine no problems at 55mph full throttle. If I pull the choke out just a hair the throttle responce is much much better and I lose the wanting to to die from idle when moderatly stepping on the gas at idle. Any ideas. I'm thinking my air screw is letting too much air in. It's 2 1/2 turns out. Or maybe need to move up a size on the pilot jet? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sounds like a lean run condition. While engine is idling (eng cover off) take a can of carb cleaner and spray gently around the carb area. Doing this will likely cause a slight increase in idle rpm - if you spray an area that causes a huge rpm gain then you found a vacuum leak that needs to be repaired. Fix that issue then road test for results.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a lean run condition. While engine is idling (eng cover off) take a can of carb cleaner and spray gently around the carb area. Doing this will likely cause a slight increase in idle rpm - if you spray an area that causes a huge rpm gain then you found a vacuum leak that needs to be repaired. Fix that issue then road test for results.
will have to try that thanks sandbuster

1 - 3 of 3 Posts