Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem- idles rough and then dies, motor bogs if given any gas, started doing this after last ride

2006 Rhino- 686 motor, gibson full exhaust, k&n air filter with snorkel, hunterworks cdi, dynojet kit installed

What Ive done so far- Fresh gas, installed new double clear fuel lines, fuel filter ,mikuni fuel pump, and new spark plug, replaced carb rubber intake on motor side, cleaned air filter and inside of carb, installed new needle valve, checked float, played with the jets and air/fuel mixture screw, Nothing works, IS this Carb Tuning related or something else? If tuning, what recommended jets and settings, I have a rutting rhino full jet kit not installed

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Thanks

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
it was running then started doing this? Or you cleaned the carb, then it didnt run..

Does it run with the choke pulled?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was running fine until the last ride, I thought it might be bad gas or dirt in the carb, cleaned the carb and put fresh gas in, recently installed gibson exhaust and had carb rejetted, and it does run with the choke pulled
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have you checked to make sure it has fuel pressure? You can take the fuel line off at the carb, put your thumb over it and crank the engine. Does it make pressure and does it hold the pressure?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
My problem- idles rough and then dies, motor bogs if given any gas, started doing this after last ride

2006 Rhino- 686 motor, gibson full exhaust, k&n air filter with snorkel, hunterworks cdi, dynojet kit installed

What Ive done so far- Fresh gas, installed new double clear fuel lines, fuel filter ,mikuni fuel pump, and new spark plug, replaced carb rubber intake on motor side, cleaned air filter and inside of carb, installed new needle valve, checked float, played with the jets and air/fuel mixture screw, Nothing works, IS this Carb Tuning related or something else? If tuning, what recommended jets and settings, I have a rutting rhino full jet kit not installed

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Thanks
I don't recognize you by your username and don't know when you bought your jet kit but if you email me I will help you fix it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel pressure is good and holds, it has new mikuni pump and double clear fuel lines,

Rutting Rhino, I sent a reply, thanks for all the help

The rhino been broke for a month now, about to pull my hair out

·
Registered
815 Posts
yep,if its not the carb then the intake valves are to tight,will not build compression if the valves are not closing all the way,i have had this happen before i put stainless valves in.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just bought mine and it was doing the very same thing. If you just put the exhasut on it and this started you may need more air.
Mine had 2 bothers duel exhasut when I got it and all stock every where else when purchased it ran just as you described. I jetted the carb with 170 main and 145 pilot it ran much better but still needed more air I removed the air box lid and it runs perfect.

not sure if this helps but its was my experience. Mine you had to use the choke to get it to move then work the choke in once your moving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts