Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 06 450 rhino that will not get right. I’ve had the carb off at least 6 times installed new kit replaced fuel lines rebuilt fuel pump changed fuel filter and it still won’t idle or run like it should. Hard to crank then start back firing in air box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you adjusted your valves lately? sounds like your intake valve is not closing all the way, that will shoot exhaust and backfire thru carb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take loose the fuel line at carburetor,have container handy, crank motor,should have a good charge of fuel from the fuel pump. Check float level. New spark plug?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a mikuni carb,take four bolts loose, bottom should come off ,the float setting on my 2008/450 is 1/2" from gasket surfact to highest point on float, thats with the float just touching the spring pressure. There are some you tube video on this if you google it on your browser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked boots checked intake valves all was good. How do I set the throttle cable to where it’s putting right tension in carb when idling. And how do I set the “choke” cable. Last. Does a ignition coil get weaker before they go bad. I’ve always just had them BANG go out.

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,418 Posts
Check the pilot jet to make sure it is clear. That is probably the semi easiest place to start. There are several idle ports and passages that can get plugged with old fuel, those take a little more time and effort to clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts