Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold!Sold! Sold! Can Sold items threads be deleted?

I don't understand why threads with all items sold - and the originator requests it, cannot be deleted.

It would save members a lot of wasted time from reading posts that are dead.

Often see the thread starters asking the post be deleted cause the item/s are sold.

Mods - can you help out here? or offer an explanation why this can't be done?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I don't know what the options for admin are but if it is possible to allow the originator to make the thread as sold in the column on the left that would help...not sure deleting is appropriate or necessary...

And IMO they should get rid off all those other symbols people like to put in the columns on the left... locked and sold would be the only two I would have left...

Options are frequently limited by pre-set formats and requirements on this kind of stuff making it a supreme hassle to even attempt modifying them...

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
they do not erase them they like to have that stuff up for reference for others buying and selling,

atleast thats what they told someome last year when this question was asked,

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Yeah but it would be good to be able to mark the titles as sold for those who DON'T want read about sold stuff...

I don't see it as being a big deal myself...but it is a valid point...

·
Administrator
2,255 Posts
The best thing we as peeps can do is post at the end of our thread ...SOLD SOLD SOLD.. for all current followers to know the status ...

Then go to your very first post and edit it ...SOLD SOLD SOLD... for peeps who use the search thread feature and see the first post first.....about all we can do without having an admin alter the thread title or delete entire thread, which they don't do

Sent from my turbocharged Droid

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That worked.

I can edit the title to indicate Sold.

At least those sellers who don't want to be pm'd or bugged long after their stuff has sold can let everyone know it's dead.

One beer for me. :beer8:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:aargh4: Nevermind....

In the edit options, the title was just for the subtitle of the posting, not the thread title.

Original Thread title still shows in the Rhino Parts category listing.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
The best thing we as peeps can do is post at the end of our thread ...SOLD SOLD SOLD.. for all current followers to know the status ...

Then go to your very first post and edit it ...SOLD SOLD SOLD... for peeps who use the search thread feature and see the first post first.....about all we can do without having an admin alter the thread title or delete entire thread, which they don't do

Sent from my turbocharged Droid
x2 thats what i do , :banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts