Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a few weeks ago my rear differential soppurt broke. took it to my dealer they "aligned" it and had a welder weld it. and so today i installed a BRP support (havent driven it till today) and now i noticed that it makes a loud snap/poping noise. i found that when i give it gas the drive shaft slides out of the differential and when i let off the gas in quickly snaps back in. it has play in it toward the engine and differential and is tight around. what could be going on here? and i only would want to take them to court if they wont repair it. btw the differential tilts toward the engine now. and the shitty weld and "aligning" it cost around $400.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no duh man use common sense lol. im sayin take the dealer to YES SMALL claims court. not like some huge federal ****. lol but now is my dealer responsible to fix it? ordo can they go nooope not gonna do it and wanna charge me a huge ass load to fix it. when i first took it in they wanted to charge 3k to put a whole new fukin frame on it

·
Registered
671 Posts
your post asks "Can I take Yamaha to court?"

Yes, the dealer should be on the hook to make it right or refund your money so you can take it somewhere else to get it fixed right

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very true. sry. and ok good good. also they HAD a welder come down to weld it. and he charged like 300 i think (i dont expect that back) but the mechanic showed the welder what everything she be like, watched him weld it, which then we picked it up took it to the welding shop and he did a FULL weld. the first was a basic. (just thought id explain how it all happend)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I think you could get a new diff for around $500... Just saying I would have probably compared that. Now to answer your question, yes, you can take the dealership to court, but allow them the opportunity to make it right. Then threaten to take them to court. Then the final step would be to file with the local small claims court. They made an "attempt" to fix the problem, now give them another shot or two.

Document everything. Keep tabs of all dates and important events. You want to build as strong of a case against them as you can if you are serious about it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks, i definatly will, just wanna kno my options. and yea im serious. i dont believe in half assin stuff, and honestly i cant afford more repairs. put 3100 into it and added like 8-900 so far and im tryna get a truck...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok are you talking about the rubber ring like piece? because if so, it just slides all up and down the driveshaft and it wont stay on the differential.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If your drive shaft isn't straight, you will strip the drive shaft splines. We just did the same repair. They have to be straight and inline. I'd make them fix it and cover all costs.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will do thanks, and should they be liable for the new weld? or will i have to dish out another 300 for a new shitty weld?

·
Registered
704 Posts
They fit it, they fix it 110%

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok cool, thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok well thats not it because the shaft comes out of the differential and 1.5in. or almost enough to fully come out. then when i let off it instantly slides back in making a loud poping noise.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's also a spring in one end, i guess it's to keep the driveshaft tight. So rubber button i think on differential end and spring on engine end. If that got left out it may make noise and move around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts