Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
dont know much about plows but it looks like a decent one.
you can probably make your money back fairly quick doing parking lots and driveways

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I paid $500 bucks for mine (cycle country) here locally out of the sale paper. YES I think that would be a good buy!!! If for some reason you do not like it, I am sure you can get you $$ back!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If i would get a plow i would get the power option to swivel from left to right without getting out of the unit. And the ebay price looks good. I paid more for a 50" for the quad.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm not a snow plower but 11 and 12 gauge metal isn't very thick (think lawnmower deck). I don't know if that is the normal thickness or not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey scarecrow - That plow set-up looks identical to my Moose blade except mine is the quick release and my blade is yellow.

I am very happy with mine and havent had any problems.I was looking at that blade very close and the turn table and blade pivot everything is exact match to mine.

buy it you will be happy

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do the plows for the rhinos not have trip springs or they do there just not shown in the picture?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a moose 72", works great. Only problem I had was the winch cable. It would snap when the blade got to heavy from wet snow sticking to it. The cable snapped over the fairlead roller. The roller woundnt turn, cable would slide over it, and cut it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What gage is the cutting edge, is it tempered, reversable, replaceable, how much? What motion angles the plow? I have these questions out to the seller on this. Artie

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I have the 72" American Eagle plow and like it, been using it for 3 years now with no problems. I think I paid maybe $550. for mine including free shipping.

·
Registered
144 Posts
careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks ok to me. You'll definitely like that quick attach mount. I hate my moose plow setup because you have to get down in the snow/ice in the winter and crawl under the rhino to install the push tube pins under the rhino. Not to mention it gives you minimal amount of lift ability that way which for me = unhooking the plow to load/unload from a trailer. With that quick attach mount in that link you'll get about 20~28" of lift which will clear the ramps on a trailer. If I had the money I'd definitely be switching my setup.

There should be some trip springs with that unit, same exact plow as the Moose Utility plow setup, I'd be sure to ask about the springs before buying it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well fedex drop it off today. i must say i am very happy with the way it all looks. if it works and lasts just as good i will say money well spend. what i am also happy about is the plow came with feet , 2 markers and a rubber guard that hangs off the top to keep it from blowing back in my face. none of those were mentioned in the description. and best of all it has a big ole sticker on the front of it MADE IN THE U.S.A

p.s. as of today promark raised the price $20.00 from a week ago. i sure am glad i bought it when i did.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good you got it. I have my plow out to. Looks like where gonna get them working today or tomorrow already. I'm about 20 miles north of you, off rt 100. Gonna be a great weekend, hunting today, play with rhino tomorrow.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice yea you are close.. we dident get all that much here. i was in hazelton area sat morning riding and the had 5 inches by 11am.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Let us know how it works, would sure like to get a different plow setup for mine. The moose plow with the old push tubes where you have to crawl under the ATV/UTV in the snow to hook up the push tubes to the mount plate is getting old.

Also, who here plows snow a lot, what are the secrets to doing it right, and quickly? I did one plow job last year and it seemed like I was having to go back over the same places because of missed snow. I've never really used a plow for snow before so any information from someone more expert than I would be much appreciate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts