Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Camoplast Tatou User Manual has two very important sections that should not be overlooked (like I did). The first is the Break In/Maintenance schedule. It clearly indicates that you should adjust track tension at installation, 1hr, 4hrs and every 20hrs, something I didn’t do. The second important paragraph is under Hints and Tips. This one I didn’t even bother reading it and if I did, I would have most likely clued in that it was very important. It tells you to bring a series of tools, axe, shovel, cable and lifting jack on any excursion.

Last night while riding trails my front left track fell off.:eek5: It didn’t fall off completely at first but my son and I managed to get it completely off, thinking that would be able to turn around and go back home. WRONG. The Yamaha Rhino with the Tatou’s needs 4 wheel drive and all tracks to move in deep snow. Break anything during an excursion and you’re not going anywhere.

So after walking 1.5km out of the bush we got home and called a friend with a snow machine and sleight to drive us back out with the necessary tools and jack. Putting the track back one was simple and if we had read the manual this would have most likely never happened. And if it did, we would have been equipped to fix it and get back home without walking.

This thing is amazing in the snow. However the day we get it stuck we’ll need a Bell Huey Chopper to get it out. Check out our first video on Youtube at

I don’t have fancy Gates tool to adjust the track. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to best adjust tension?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lot's of snow,.. I don't wear a helmet in the winter time because if you take it off, it's cold when you put it back on. I also see your boy has a Crappy Tire Fuel helmet :) I have the same one,.. serves it's purpose.

I am hoping to get some tracks when the budget allows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts