Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 660 with JBS sheave, dynatek cdi, and k&n filter. I do mostly fast trail riding and hill climbs. What would be the best aftermarket cam to go with or should I just leave well enough alone?

·
Banned
833 Posts
we love the 660 with the stage 2 and valve spring up grade with the 686 and my porting..we run stock intake with stock exhaust and stock jetting and its perfect on a air/fuel gauge and its a power house

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have an 06 660 with JBS sheave, dynatek cdi, and k&n filter. I do mostly fast trail riding and hill climbs. What would be the best aftermarket cam to go with or should I just leave well enough alone?
What speeds does "fast trail riding" consist of?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my rhino will top out around 55, i'm just saying most of all of my trail riding is around 35 to 45. just trying to find out if its worth the trouble to go to an aftermarket cam or not

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My experience with the addition of a cam was it helped out everywhere. Both bottom, middle and top.
Just make sure you get it tuned properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
mostly 35 to 45 mph
OK, sounds like 0-45 mph. I would put a Web 58MC/40MC torque cam in for your application. It will need a full set of valve springs, and I would do our tool steel decompression pins for added reliability. A Rhino 700 cam chain tensioner would be a nice addition too, again for reliability.
Give us a call if we can help.

·
Banned
833 Posts
im finally getting ready to test the yalls bored TB..cant wait.....i did work on mine but its stock size.big bore and +6 balanced stroker with bored TB:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts