Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hey James, How does the stage 1 compare to the stage 2 with springs. is there a map for the MSD with the stage 2 cam? By the way, your sheave rocks Bro.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I got my stage 1 from Hunterworks. Todd said that it was hard to map a stage 2 cam. Who has a map for the MAD with my mods and a stage 2 cam? Where can I find a stage 2 and springs?

·
Registered
996 Posts
How much more top end will I get out of a stage 32 with springs? Where can I get a map for the MAD?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ok. Then I can stay with my current setup. Thanx

·
Registered
654 Posts
The mud buster is useless for dunes. I'd go with a stage two, or a custom grind from webcams. I have a webcam from benchmark, and it's a mid/high rpm cam and I LOVE it. Then again, I mainly ride logging roads and high speed stuff. You won't see much gains with the mud buster (in my opinion).

·
Registered
581 Posts
The mud buster is useless for dunes. I'd go with a stage two, or a custom grind from webcams. I have a webcam from benchmark, and it's a mid/high rpm cam and I LOVE it. Then again, I mainly ride logging roads and high speed stuff. You won't see much gains with the mud buster (in my opinion).

x2 on the mudbuster. I stock 2 grinds of ours from WEB. The smaller of the two requires springs and retainers and is a great all arounder. The larger of the two requires springs and retainers as well as modified rockers. On average we see about a 3hp at the wheels peak difference between the two. While the larger cam does perform better in the high rpm's it definetely gives up a bit on the front side.

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.