Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With mods listed, I'm lookin to add a exhaust and a cam. What's a good but reasonably cheap exhaust? And I'd like to see 65mph. But also want that power that knocks you back in the seat. Is a stage 1 or a stage 2 cam better?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would it be good to put a high comp piston in? I have a bunch of stuff I'm tryna sell, trade but my total budget is gonna be around 500 or so. I have a clutch, CDI, stock exhaust, CFM lift, HIDs, the marine speakers. And the list goes on. most of it is brand new.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My reply is experience from the 700. So keep that in mind. Cam & exhaust is a big noticeable help. I run the stage 2 Hotcam for the Rhino 700 and does not "kick in until 4-5 mph- Then it WILL put you back in your seat! I don't drag race from a dead stop so this is not a issue for me. I am using the Alba full exhaust which is a big help also & is a no maintenance automotive muffler from Thrush(Hushpower muff)& was hundreds cheaper that other high end exhausts. I have a 11-1 standard bore piston which really helps throttle response. All of these items are a Big improvement, but 65mph is a tough one to hit-My setup is right at 60 but my engine is having a hard time breathing at a mile high. Good luck with the mods & Cheers!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm lucky then. I get 58 with a huge hole in the vacuum diagram and dirt in the jets. I like the Alba and a stage 2 sounds good. Now do ya have a stock style piston? Or is it high comp?

·
Registered
296 Posts
11-1 piston is the next size up(compression) from stock(9-1)& I am still stock cylinder size(102 I think). A few reviews from people using 12-1 were needing race gas & I didn't want to fool with that, but I do use the premium pump gas no problems at all. And as far as the top speed goes,I'm getting to 60 in a hurry. All the mods you have now with a cam & full exhaust would be wicked I'm sure

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good. I'll start with a Alba and stage 2 cam

·
Registered
296 Posts
You will love it & be blown away on the increase!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope I will, do I need to do any intake mods?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And is the stage 2 ok with stock valves?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so based on what a have and the plans for a stage 2 cam and alba exhaust. My stock airbox is cracked. What a better aftermarket one with filter? What valve springs are needed?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was fast... Lol got shot down real quick. Cam is out. I can do the Alba and the intake but that's gonna be it for a lol while

·
Registered
296 Posts
Keep in mind all my info is for a 700- So I personally don't know the details for the 660 engine. I went with the Hotcam brand because their website states stock valve springs are fine & I have 2000+ miles since I put the cam & things seem fine. And I am using the msd ignition with maps for cam & exhaust. Again I don't know what you would need for the 660. I was hoping a 660 guy would step in and take over this thread! Ya went through my knowledge in a hurry!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aight well the cam got shot down. I'm just gonna do exhaust and intake. Just need some ideas on a good intake

·
Registered
201 Posts
do you do any deep water or mud riding? im running a full k&n intake an it has worked very well for me even on the stock carb. but its a open intake an filter so not good if you run deep water. alba is a great choice for exhaust.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep I'm tryna sell it. It's brand spankin new. Never used only 1 bracket was taken out of the package then put back. Text me 910-580-1879. And I ride both mud and water.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So a open filter may not be a too good option for me

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just sent ya a text.. i ride some mud an water an havent had a problem but i dont go too deep. I would stick to a sealed intake like factory

Sent from my LG-US730 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I looked at the CFM intake. The bigger one for $89. I may go with that and the UNI filter

1 - 20 of 23 Posts