Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Cable operated front diff select

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  45flatheadsam 
#1 ·
I got frustrated with my electrical operated front diff,so I modded it to a manuall (cable) diff. I will also never worry about being stuck somewhere when I need four wheel drive to get back if something electrical goes out.Whether it be a short in a wire or going through water and shorting out. I will attach some pics so you can see what I did instead of typing it all out.I will add more info if requested.
Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Carburetor Machine

Rim

Auto part Engine Carburetor Automotive engine part Wheel

Product Wheel Alloy wheel Rim Automotive wheel system

Machine Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

Auto part Bumper

See less See more
#4 ·
It still operates as it did when it was electric. On the fly 4 wheel drive as they say. I just finished the diff but haven't got the contact switch yet for the lights yet. When the cable is pulled about 75% the 4 wheel light will come on at 100% it will show 4x4 lock. The point was that I had already spent 50 bucks to buy a new servo motor and it didn't fix the problem. Then spent two nights checking each wire in the harness. It took one day to delete all the electric bs and make this with stuff I had laying around. I experienced my problem with the servo motor one time and then noticed on forums that it has happened to others as well. No more worries for me !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.