Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI forum member!

i want to build a homemade full cab enclosure (trought the rear cargo panel) with with door, i'm looking for idea to build it or cad drawing, fabrication plan etc... i was thinking to cut plate with cnc plasma table and build it, but if someone have drawing with measure to start from here, it would be nice.

thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
I made some homemade full doors this year to use in conjunction with my factory windshield, roof and aftermarket strap on rear window. They're fairly light duty, but work pretty good and seem to be holding up.

They're pvc pipe and black corrugated sign plastic. The windows are 30g marine clear vinyl with grommets and bungee balls so you can open partially or remove the windows. In the summer, I'll just put my factory doors back on. Both use the same brackets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice job, think i will do something like that but with steel pipe & aluminium plate, but if i find some cad drawing with measurement to cnc plasma cut it at works, it's the fastest way...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes. This was time consuming. I pulled a sheet of plywood next to the cab and traced the opening. Then made a jig on the plywood. Some of the bends could be done with standard pvc fittings but many I had to make by using a heat gun and shaping it. I used 1/2 pvc, then ripped 3/4 on a table saw and laminated it to the frame on the outside for rigidity and so it was even. The materials used kept the weight light so it wouldn't be too much on the factory hinges. I made some bushings for the hinges to reduce the play in them.

I spent around $150 on materials for both doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts