Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having the occasional hint of Burnt rubber I’m guessing coming from the cvt. This is only either when first accelerating wot or full rpm wot. The smell comes and goes. Should I be worried about getting left stranded somewhere or not

·
Holiday Winner!
522 Posts
Take a look at your belt and sheave faces, see if there is any hint of slipping. If the belt is slipping that would explain the smell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Burning rubber is definitely the belt. I smelled the same thing right before mine gave way. To extend belt life, a good practice is to give the belt some time to cool after running WOT. Do this by NOT shutting the motor down right after a WOT run and instead drive around at lower speeds for a couple mins prior to stopping. Also a good idea to make your way back to the barn slowly after a ride so the belt has a chance to cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I will do that planning on upgrading to a 700 belt and hot rod sheave soon so hopefully that would clear up any issues. Ps I have been letting it idle to cool down some as well before shutting her off

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks guys I will do that planning on upgrading to a 700 belt and hot rod sheave soon so hopefully that would clear up any issues. Ps I have been letting it idle to cool down some as well before shutting her off
Idling generates heat due to lack of air flow. Best to run it a low speeds in order to cool the belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts