Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with there cdi from brp, Mr. O ,should I be riding with my stock cdi in my tool bag :?: Mine is still ok but I only have about 6 huors on it since I got it in October. OCTOBER....sad eh!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine and I've been running it for over a year, but I still always take my stock cdi with me in my tool bag just in case. You never know!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
moores660 said:
I only have about 6 huors on it since I got it in October. OCTOBER....sad eh!!
i think your bigger problem is only having 6 hours on it.

i've never had a problem with it. i know a few people that had to chage them

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with there cdi from brp, Mr. O ,should I be riding with my stock cdi in my tool bag :?: Mine is still ok but I only have about 6 huors on it since I got it in October. OCTOBER....sad eh!!
I think with any CDI its always a good idea if you still have your stock to carry as a spare just in case, you never know when you or someone else might have a CDI issue.

As far as reliability goes, I havent heard of anyones BRP CDI crapping out completely on a ride. They are just hard starting and that can be a pain, esp when you are out riding and it takes like 5+ cranks to get the engine started after you are warmed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.