Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
686 kit broken again just had it rebuilt 3 weeks ago and it's broken already i think its the same thing that broke (timing chain tensioner breaks and everything gets all bent up!!!!) Anybody know what it would take to go back to 660 from 686?????

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
dude... that sucks.

I think you are right, it sounds like a bad initial engine build that will continue to plague that engine.

Check with FCR motorsports here... I know he is putting a 900 honda engine in his Rhino so maybe he still has his old one.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
haven't heard of those breaking yet.. that sucks.. call Racers Edge in Tucson, and see what they say.. they know rhino motors very well..

Greg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Do you have a pic of the timing tensioner all messed up? That is weird that, that would keep messing up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what happens when you jump head first!!!

Thats the name of the place... I have heard lots of good stuff about them before.
I will give them a call i have it back down at DFR (dirt fiend racing) right now. But i will call them in the morning!!!! Hey i saw your rhino on friday up in front of the curch on reems very nice cant wait to go on a ride with you guys!!!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
We cant wait for Friday Rhino Nights at Sonic! The weather is perfect.

I would take that Rhino motor to KMS Performance or Racers Edge, I have heard lots of rave reviews about both places...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
We cant wait for Friday Rhino Nights at Sonic! The weather is perfect.
Mr. O. you need to start a Friday Rhino Nights at Sonic thread. i got some ideas for you.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I will give them a call i have it back down at DFR (dirt fiend racing) right now. But i will call them in the morning!!!! Hey i saw your rhino on friday up in front of the curch on reems very nice cant wait to go on a ride with you guys!!!
i know the guys at Dirt Fiend too.. Rudy knows 4 stroke motors too. He is the guy that assembled my 686 kit originally. Jack used to work for us.

G-

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great Guys!!

i know the guys at Dirt Fiend too.. Rudy knows 4 stroke motors too. He is the guy that assembled my 686 kit originally. Jack used to work for us.

G-
They seem to know what they are doing but they are stumped on what would cause the tensiner to break twice in three weeks..... he is going to dig into it today!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I wasn't aware DFR had done many Rhino engines.......if they can't figure it out, I know my hubby could......

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You are not having very good luck. Hope you figure this out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks For the heads up!!!!

I wasn't aware DFR had done many Rhino engines.......if they can't figure it out, I know my hubby could......
Thanks i will keep him in mind!!!! DFR does alot of motor work on Quads and have done some rhino stuff but they are very good with quad race motors.

I just hope he covers it this time its getting a little expensive........

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are not having very good luck. Hope you figure this out.
Yeah who knows i got rid of the rail because i got tired of it breaking and i am having more problems with the rhino than i had with it----but i can tell you it is more fun to drive than the rail was!!!!!!!Can take it anywhere and the rail was only good at the sand dunes.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
what kind of rail did you have? I am considering getting out of the rhino, and into a rail. The rhino just isn't fast enough to scare me. It gets old driving everywhere pinned.. I am curious to know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what kind of rail did you have? I am considering getting out of the rhino, and into a rail. The rhino just isn't fast enough to scare me. It gets old driving everywhere pinned.. I am curious to know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Greg
I had a dice motorsports with a small block chevy 375 hp and a built bus tranny!!! it was fun but it was always broken as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah if you know any suckers out there that want to buy a all show no go rhino i got one for sale!!!! LOL just kidden i will get it fixed again and have it kicken a$$ in no time!!! A few tricks up my sleave for next seson.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
don't get discouraged..it took me almost 6 months get get mine working well, and we are still playing with clutch weights to get the RPMs down...

G-

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah if you know any suckers out there that want to buy a all show no go rhino i got one for sale!!!! LOL just kidden i will get it fixed again and have it kicken a$$ in no time!!! A few tricks up my sleave for next seson.
Maybe its the weight of the paint you have on that beast by the way,WILL YOU TAKE CASH!!!! JK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts