Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last spring at the dunes I had the heim on the top of my Belstein shock come off. This is because of user error, I did not have loctite when I put it together the last time....but anyway...I was out duning and the rhino suddenly leaned hard to the right side. When the heim came off so did the aluminum cap that holds the spring. We dug in the sand for about 30 minutes in the area that I thought I the shock initially came apart looking for the cap. So I just assembled the shock and let the spring push against the frame. This got me back to camp. We looked at several of the vendors and no one had anything close to the cap. So in the picture you will see what I did. Its amazing what you can do with a 250R 14 tooth primary sprocket and some stainless safety wire. I put another 50 plus miles of duning on the rhino after this fix....fast forward to last night...I replaced the sprocket with the right cap....and...wait for it......I used loctite on the heim when I put it back together.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How would U compare the Bilstein to a Fox shock?? Or vs stock?? Only experience I have with shocks!! Im looking for a good shock to go with the 6" SuperAtv L/T. Any info U can give me is much appreciated!!

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only compariaon I have is from stock to my +3 LSR kit with these Bilsteins. My stock were just standard shock for the 06, non resevour. The Bilsteins are much better than stock. In the dunes I tend to use them up. They will ventually start to fade from the heat generated from heavy use. As far as trail riding, they are WAY better than stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts