Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the billet exhaust tip help in performance ? do you have to rejet when adding this tip ? and does it sound good or too loud ?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It is suppose to add a horsepower or two. No rejetting necessary. It makes it a little louder, but too bad.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A few companies have posted that it helps...I find it hard to believe also. Maybe because its less restrictive it adds some grunt.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
The header is what gave you the horsepower. You can grind the welds on the stock and get a little. The tip is nice but very minor improvement. Ive done all the cheap stuff and all together I am up from a 145 main to a 150 main. I could probably run down at 147.5 also. The 145 now is very white so I definately leaned the motor with the intakes. Micture is at 2.25 and I added a 50 pilot.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
its mainly looks, but does help the flow better

·
Registered
172 Posts
just the tip wont help you need to do something with the intake to.i got the tip,kn filter , raise power tube and then rejetted the carb.i did some timed runs on flat ground with the gps befor and after and it really does make a diferance. for a 100 bucks you cant beat it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Basically, it sounds that you need the right combination of mods for the power. The tip is not the key component, but it helps in conjuction with other parts such as a header.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We did it when we went to a open air filter and bigger jets, no mucj louder and it looks cool. But with stock you should be fine no need to rejet. I put mine back to stock filter and jets and I have no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts