Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question i am about to put new mud lite 28-12-12 on my rhino which is not lifted or anything it is stock with the old tires being 25-10-12. I am 95% sure i have more than enough clearence just thought i would as if anyone had done that and if i will be fine like i think i will thanks??

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have 30 inch zillas on my 07 660. I have a two inch lift but dont really think my lift gave me a true 2 inches. I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
also is it ok to put the same size width wise in the front as the back??
I thought about using all the same size when I need need tires...I'm gonna get a spare front tire/wheel to mount on the machine...I have 27" 14s ITP XTRs on my 07 660...not a problem with stock suspension...

·
Registered
546 Posts
There are much better tires out there than the crappy ML, I had them and the only thing they were good for was collecting holes.

Zilla's, Mudbugs, GBC dirt devil II's

I have 27" Zilla's on one machine and 27" Mud bugs on another. IMO I wouldn't go larger than a 27" tall tire.

And as for the same width all around, nope,.. I wouldn't go wider than a 10" on the front,.. or too hard to turn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not even think about it being harder to turn i hope they dont rub though i already bought them 150 for all four new just could not say no

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The Mudlites run short and puncture easy... I accumualted about 45 plugs in less than 1,300 miles. They are also very hard to turn and the sidewalls are paper thin... They are pretty good in the mud but I went with 27" Bighorns and never looked back... The Mudbug is also a better tire than the Mudlites in my experience.. The MLs are worth the $150 you paid IMO however.

·
Registered
81 Posts
tires

I just put 28x12x12 on the rear and 28x10x12 on mine and had a 2 in lift on it. I did not like the Super ATV 2 in lift so I took it off. Tires do just fine. I have the 2 in factory spacers on the rear and 1 1/2 on the front.

·
Registered
791 Posts
there is no tire better than a big horn any tire that can hold up to the arizona razor sharp rocks always has my vote

·
Registered
335 Posts
are you guys talking about the mud lite xtr's that you are plugging? i would think the radial mud lite would be much tougher. big horns would be my choice if i lived in the desert, but i have my doubts on how well they do in the mud.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at buying a new rhino and the dealer wanted to put Big Horns on it. Where I hunt/ride it's muddy. No rocks but there are Ironwood trees (I think that's what they're called....huge thorns like nails). A buddy of mine has ML's on his ATV. Never had a flat and gets good performance in the mud out of the tires. We have gumbo mud so you need something that will clean out easily. I bought a used Rhino with the ITP Terra Cross tires on it. They do ok as long as in 4wd, but slick over pretty quickly. Probably a good all around tire though. I think ML's would work better than the Big Horns or Terra Cross where I ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you like the Mud lite tires but don't want the hassle of them look at the Supergrip Super Light DL 1.25".
SUPER GRIP ATV Tires and Wheels

***Aggressive Tread Pattern For The Most EXTREME TERRAIN!
***Full 6 Ply Casing To Resist Punctures For The Most EXTREME RIDERS & CONDITIONS!
***1.25" Deep Lug Available in 25", 26", 27" & 28"
***Super Grip Signature "Rim Guard" & "Enhanced Rubber Compound" For MAXIMUM TIRE LIFE & TREAD WEAR!
***Lighter Than It's Competition With Longer Tread Life Under ALL CONDITIONS

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested in duplicating your wheels/tires and lift kit. Can you give me leads on where you purchased the stuff to do these mods?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts