Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I got my Rhino back from KMS Performance and I told them about a flat spot at around 40mph in my Rhino, they put it up on the dyno and it turns out my belt is worn.

Replacing a belt is not very hard so I was going to do the work myself but does anyone know where they sell the belts for a good price? Is there only 1 type of belt out there?

Is Dayco a good brand? EverythingOffRoad sells it for $67

http://www.everythingoffroad.com/index.htm?itembl033.html

Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mr. O. Dont waste your time with the Dayco belt. We have tested all the belts and the Dayco belts goes bad very fast! The Dayco HPX lasts longer but not as long as the factory belt. Save yourself time and put a factory one in and it will last for a very long time. And it is only a couple of min. to change it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i was just a kms and they sell a belt they claim to be better then stock. im not sure of the spelling but he said it was a empi? never heard of that name must be new.how many miles do you have on yours? i got 2100 on mine.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACI-
Thanks for the heads up, i wont consider that one any further.

I dont know which one KMS was going to sell me, whether it was stock yamaha or an Empi... but it was $109.

sandbug-
I have 950 miles on my Rhino, not sure why the belt wore out so quick, maybe I didnt install my sheave correctly.

what do you guys think of this belt?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dragon fire racing has a very good belt $125. I would not use a dayco belt I have seen them shread in an hour. DFR has the belts in stock.

·
Registered
299 Posts
dont use a dayco like aci said we tryed one only because its was all that we had while broke down in the desert and it lasted less than the length of a foot ball field, than found a factory belt and no more problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That belt in the pic is a EPI double cog belt if Im not mistaken. That is the belt that DFR sells and probably KMS as well. But I still would stick to the stock belt. On dyno runs the stock belt put more HP to the rear tire than any other belt. The other belts have alot of slippage.... Im not sure if its the material or? Either way the stock belt has proven itself on all the tests we have done.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That belt in the pic is a EPI double cog belt if Im not mistaken. That is the belt that DFR sells and probably KMS as well. But I still would stick to the stock belt. On dyno runs the stock belt put more HP to the rear tire than any other belt. The other belts have alot of slippage.... Im not sure if its the material or? Either way the stock belt has proven itself on all the tests we have done.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Stock belt its gonna be... now I need to save $100 for one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.