Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed my sheave with .75mm shim..how high should belt ride on secondary? looks like it may be rubbing

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
It will ride to the top of the secondary and stick out a little bit. If it is rubbing the belt might have a little stretch to it (from being used). If it is brand new and is rubbing the case, I would double check the cam plate and weight installation to double check its on all the way and isn't letting the primary open a little more than it should. If it all looks good and still is rubbing, rev it for a few seconds and see if it just clears the case up a little bit. On some of the old 660 sheaves we used to see the belt rub a small groove into the cover but it wouldn't ever be an issue or cause harm to the clutch.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the grooves plus a little more stick up over sheave..ill let it run for a while and recheck it..if its barely rubbing ill let old belt ware it down then add new belt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.