Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing up a 2008 450 Rhino from my in-laws cabin. It was dead due rodent chewed wiring in the battery box and a gummed up carb. They had a neighbor attempt to fix it and he made things worse. Their rodents must have really like the taste of wires since I had to repair over a dozen wires. The neighbor took out two of the relays in the box and taped up some of the chewed up wires without fixing them causing shorts. I have hopefully found all of the chewed up wires and replaced them. The Rhino runs but has some things I still need to fix. The relays that are missing are the two blue ones shown in the attached photo that I borrowed from another post. Any ideas on which relays these are would be appreciated. The other image is what the battery box looked like when I first opened it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Does it have a digital dash or just the 6 or 8 lights? i cant remeber how many it had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Part of the digital dash install is to remove those 2 blue relays, u dont need them with the digital dash

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
U bet

Hey Brian I got a question I have a 660 rhino 2004. I took the wiring harness out checked it all rewrapped it and replaced it back in the bike but when I turn my key it blows the fuse on my starter relay. I can’t find any got wiring pics but I have my red coming from battery to to B on the starter relay and black on M on the relay. Looking at the relay I have the blue plugged in above the red from battery and beside it the yellow which is front of the ground on the relay and straight up on the ground side top corner above the yellow the red plugged in.. would you have any info that could help me out I have no power to the bike at all and the problem is the guy I bought it from had things bypassed and when I purchased the bike and motor I put on a ORM starter relay cuz it was missing. I triple checked my grounds what I don’t no is a blue/red wire and a solid black with a plug on it laying on the motor can’t find what it would plug into idk if that’s the problem or not could really use some help or a site with good pics def appreciated. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts