Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Barely used ELKA ELITES for Sale, set up for LSR MTS +3 Susp**SOLD**

I have a full set of Elka Elite shocks for sale. I used them for about 20 minutes to double check the valving. They are dialed perfectly for our MTS +3 a-arm kit. They have the high/low speed compression adjust, and rebound adjust. They will fit OEM a-arms, but will be on the stiff side.

These are the best shocks you can get for an MTS kit. They retail for like 3400 or something. I am giving them away for $2600

The only signs of use are from a couple rocks on the bottom of the rears.

*******SOLD****** 4/2/07 thanks

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah.. but not much room to soften pre-load.. haha..

you won't be disapointed with the route your going, thats for sure!

G-

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump it up.. make me an offer.. they are doing me no good sitting in the garage.. somebody pick them up. they are awesome shocks!

i will let them go cheap.. just make me an offer
greg

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Greg,
Do you think these shocks perform better than the Bilsteins when used with the MTS Kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
these shocks perform just as good. Elka finally hit the mark with these. I drove both shocks on my +3 car before i sold it, and these are slightly smoother than the bilsteins, but just barely.. they lose about .5" of rear wheel travel because the shock doesn't quite have the same stroke, but they have more stroke than all the others. SO basically they dont quite have the same amount of compression, so the tires are less likely to rub the stock fenders.

but they do have all the adjustments you can get, full compression (high and low speed) and rebound. So for the guy who loves to tinker with things, they are the shock to run, complete with resies.

I guess duece decided to sell his +3 kit to move to the xtr kit. He already ordered the XTR kit from one of our vendors. I know it hasn't been used much, and he said something about selling his cv's with the extended axles already put together. i don't know how much he wants, you might want to hit him up, and get a good deal.

Let me know if you are interested in these shocks.. i can take paypal, and ship them tomorrow.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Throw in a hard to get MTS kit and you got a deal ........

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crap.. i can't cut in front of everyone else! hahah.. they would take even longer for me to get now, than you could. We have shipped out the no-finish kits, and the others will be rolling out this week or next.

find a set of a-arms, and i'll give you a smoking deal on these shocks. I need money to fix the rhino motor i blew up last weekend! I tested them in this car:

but they aren't set up to work with a lot of weight in the back (seats empty) and judging by you using 450 lb wers.. you will probably need stiffer springs for these elkas. I wish i could tell you what springs were on them, but they use a color code system.

let me know!

Greg

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ok.. i will take $1900 for them... they will do wonders over the stock shocks for your stock a-arms, and work awesome on our +3 kit too. I need the money to pay for a motorswap on this rhino!! $1900 is a steal!!!!! somebody get them quick. i can take paypal, and ship them tomorrow!

thanks

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.