Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just leaving the banshee world and buying my first Rhino. Been lookin long and hard for 700 EFI but found a 660 I cant pass up. Looking to jump right in and do motor work but not sure whats most beneficial. I want dependable and durable but dont want a family toy. Id like to be near 60+ and spend around $2,500.....$3k. Swap? Rotax? 686? Also gonna need a shop to build this thing. Located in Seattle. Any and all suggestions appreciated even if its just to start my research!!:dunno:

Thanks for all suggestions!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
If you build your 660 You are going to need pipes first. Muzzy's are the best and most durable but you will rarely find them used. Keep an eye on this site for a full K&N kit to save a few bucks. I would talk to John at Racers Edge for a piston, cam and especially headwork the turn around time is as good as it gets and the work is the best. And hes not a flake, thats the last thing you want when you send motor parts out. The list goes on until money runs out......
I dont think you can swap in your price range but im sure its a great choice if you could afford it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanna say the seller told me it has a BlackRhino clutch kit, k&n Carb, and Two Brothers exhaust.....not sure details? Only has 350 mils on motor so should i seel all those items and start from scratch?

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
As stated Muzzy pipes, or ron woods make great performance. FCR carb, dyna programmable cdi box, benchmark performance head porting,cam,valve springs, with 11:1 piston. If you can get some used deals you can pick all this up for 3K

·
Registered
643 Posts
As stated Muzzy pipes, or ron woods make great performance. FCR carb, dyna programmable cdi box, benchmark performance head porting,cam,valve springs, with 11:1 piston. If you can get some used deals you can pick all this up for 3K
Dont listen to him lol....Racers Edge.......

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Save your money and do a motor swap. You will end up pooring a ton more into the 660 than you intended and will never be happy. Save your money and do the rotax swap if you want 4x4 or the R1 if you dont need 4x4.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If you are after occasional short bursts a wet Nitrous system is the best bang for the buck.
of course if you are gonna run hard all day then a motor swap is better than an engine build.

me .....I got a 720 . Nitrous coming up as soon as funds permit:banana:

·
Registered
419 Posts
No since in doing a motor build if you don't have the suspension to go with it. Unless where you ride is flat as a pancake. I would at least start with aftermarket shocks then do some motor mods with the leftover money.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Just leaving the banshee world and buying my first Rhino. Been lookin long and hard for 700 EFI but found a 660 I cant pass up. Looking to jump right in and do motor work but not sure whats most beneficial. I want dependable and durable but dont want a family toy. Id like to be near 60+ and spend around $2,500.....$3k. Swap? Rotax? 686? Also gonna need a shop to build this thing. Located in Seattle. Any and all suggestions appreciated even if its just to start my research!!:dunno:

Thanks for all suggestions!!
Welcome!

What type of riding do you do?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a bunch of parts. 2 seater race cage with alum roof bed delete alum fuel tank light bar, super charger kit, complete motor assy, lone star 6+ kit with gorilla axles & bilsteins. Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts