Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i have to disagree on that. i love baja and if i ever get a chance to run it, i'm all in. the only way for me is in a truck, buggy, or quad

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There is quite a few Rhinos running the Baja 500. Desert Toyz Rhino completed it a few hours after the official stop time (thats pretty good considering most people don't even finish). I think they also had some Artic Cats, Rangers and Tomcats.

·
Registered
729 Posts
zerofield said:
i have to disagree on that. i love baja and if i ever get a chance to run it, i'm all in. the only way for me is in a truck, buggy, or quad
I've raced in 4 Baja 500's and 3 Baja 1000's and if you ever get the opportunity to go....DO IT! It is definitely a "must do" in your life time if you like offroad stuff at all. I'm talking memories that I will never ever forget.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'd like to race the Baja 500 this year.....we will see if my Rhino is ready for that race by then....and if I can get the funding. Yes, it's raceable in a rhino.....getting to checkpoints in time is the main thing.......not having any problems that puts you way behind schedule is imperitive. And I'd rather race it in a rhino with a cage around me than on a quad with nothing....lol!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to race the Baja 500 this year.....we will see if my Rhino is ready for that race by then....and if I can get the funding. Yes, it's raceable in a rhino.....getting to checkpoints in time is the main thing.......not having any problems that puts you way behind schedule is imperitive. And I'd rather race it in a rhino with a cage around me than on a quad with nothing....lol!
Damn, 450grl knows her stuff ;) !

·
Registered
12 Posts
fastercaster... the cars looking good, i havent seen any pics in a while, cant wait to see more, are you going to be re-doing the suspension or just arms?
Almost everything is going to be re-done.

It will be 80" wide with a 90" wheelbase.
The rear is getting trailing arms.
New front a-arms.
Pro-Am 1600 hubs front and rear.
It will have 930 cv's.
Fox duel rate coil-overs and by-passes front and rear.
Honda CBR929rr motor with 150hp.
RPM gearbox with reverse.
I am making a custom fuel cell for it and the seats are going to be moved toward the center for more interior room now that the motor is behind the seats. I am making a new center dash.
Power steering.
30" BFG's on the BTR beadlocked wheels.

And I think it will be loosing some weight. The new motor is way lighter than the stock rhino motor and I removed both the front and rear diffs. The new gearbox I am running is only 40lbs. The new fuel cell will be under the seats like many of the new class 1 cars and this will help keep all the weight down real low.

I think thats it but there is so much I am rebuilding I can't remember anymore!:headbang:

·
Registered
12 Posts
So how many other guys are going to race the 500? I am working on some sponsor deals and may be teaming up with one of my friends trophy truck teams.

I will be trying to get enough guys together to support myself but it will be nice to have them there if I need them. PM me if any of you are interested in joining a team or just want to come down for fun. After I get this thing back together I am going to get together the team for some testing down in PC and will be giving rides to those that will be helping the team out.:banana:

·
Registered
209 Posts
racing the baja 500

I would really like to prerun or chase for someone that is going to race. We went down for baja 250. We ran our rhinos from Ensanada to Santo Tomas and from Santo Tomas to Erindira. 130 miles of total running. 25 miles on the race course. I might be able to work on some sponsor ship if someone is serious about running. PM me.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I wanted to do the 500 this year....but honestly, after reading and hearing all the horror stories from the 250, and everything that got stolen....I'm not sure I want to take anything I love south of the border....I might just concentrate on the good ol' USA races this season......but good luck in the 500!! I'll be watching that race for sure!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.