Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my last ride i gave the rhino a complete once over and realized i need wheel bearings front and rear. if i jack it up and grab the top and bottom of the tire there is noticable play. do ya think i its ok to put 1 more ride on em will i damnage anything else by running it with bad wheel bearings. its probally gonna be a 40 to 50 mile ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would suggest fixing it before you go. A lot can happen in that time and you dont want to be stranded. Gives you a good reason to upgrade the spindles. ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Depends on how bad they are. If they are real bad, one more ride could cause them to "weld" themselves to the spindle from heat. Makes them hard to get out. Worse case, your wheel breaks off...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Fix it first, the longest ride should be to yoru shop.............

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the ***** is i have the bearings bought em yesterday just dont have the time to put em in before sat morning.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i had a range rover that had a bad rear wheel bearing for a while. It locked up on me going 50 down the road. It got so hot it welded itself to the hub. Had to replace alot more than just bearings. SOOOOO..... I would change them before any more rides.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i bet it lasted the trip

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried the same thing and come home with two broke axles. The bearings seized up and popped the cvs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts