Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It is very common and the problem is usually jetting but not always...

If the carb is stock and never been tuned the best thing to do is get a jet kit...99% of the time that will solve the problem...

It could be an exhaust leak...less likely but it does happen...

We have the best jet kit for the application....

Yamaha Rhino 660 Mikuni Jet Kit

PM me with your email if you need more help/info...

Thank you...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I get a loud backfire from my Rhino 660 2007 when I run it up to 40 mph and then let off, is this normal?
I had this exact problem with my rhino as well as soon as I installed rutting rhino jet kit with help from craig my rhino is great now it runs great. Dont hesitate to order kit from craig it is a awesome kit and craig will help you out with how to change it. I was on the phone with him alot and he was a great help. I would do it all over again if I had to. I would not change anything

·
Registered
265 Posts
I totally agree that it is probably jetting. And if I were you I would go ahead and order the rr jet kit. Don't guess and buy one jet at a time hoping it will be the right one. I did that for a while and it did me no good. Once I ordered the jet kit I was able to dial that baby right in with the help of Craig. I thought I could guess and make it right but all I did was waste time and money before getting everything I needed to do the job right.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I get a loud backfire from my Rhino 660 2007 when I run it up to 40 mph and then let off, is this normal?
Have you made any changes to your intake or exhaust system? Airbox lid on? Have you inspected the exhaust sytstem for any leaks? When is the last time you have had your valves adjusted? Just the first things that come to mind....

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Is this bike yours from day one, or a new to you bike??? Has it always backfired or is suddenly backfiring?

First and foremost - easy A-number one thing to check is your air intake and air filter. Make sure the little intake filter is in place and clean. Then make sure your air filter is clean and properly oiled.

Either one will obstruct the air flow, especially on the top end, load up the carb with fuel, then BAM! backfire on decel......

Eliminate those two things first, then tinker with the carb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts