Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally have my Fabtech long travel installed. It was a 3 week ordeal, but fabtech came through and made good on everything. Also got the stereo with I-Pod and Sirius, the wakeboard speakers mounted to the rear roll cage and 2nd battery under the hood. Next, bumpers and lights.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Looks good...what kind of issues did you have with the Fabtech kit? Right now I'm having an issue with the front spindle and lower control arm on the passenger side touching at full travel.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
from the looks of his pics I dont see any camber on his front tires/wheels... but in your avatar fergie there clearly appears to be negative camber on both your wheels... it could be the ground that you are on but is it always that way?

I would like to see a front end shot of AZcourts Rhino and a front end shot of Fergies Rhino to compared the 2 kits.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had passenger rear spindle alignment issues. They sent out some new parts to correct the problem. The original shocks for the front were toooo long by 2". They sent me new shocks that fit. As far as the camber on the front, I have about 2 or 3 degrees. I'd like to have 6 like the back, but I am sick of taking things apart and adjusting them for now. Every time I adjust the camber, it throws the frone steering alignment out. I'll work on it some more when I put the new bumpers on. For now, it rides great and looks great. The front on the fabtech kit had adjustable heims for camber, the rear is set at 6 degrees or so.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
AZ Court, could you post a close up of your lower control arm and front spindle on the passenger side. I want to compare it to mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yours looks similiar to mine...watch for rubbing at the lower ball joint and control arm. How much clearance do you have between the bottom of the spindle and arm when it sits on flat ground?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Here's a picture of mine. I think I need a larger spacer or something?

Here's another look, you can see it has rubbed some powder coat off.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shock is supposed to limit the travel before the spindle hits.....oops it doesn't. If I adjust the camber to a posative 3 or 4 degrees it doesn't hit anymore. At 0 or negative camber it hits. What it comes down to is the shock bump stop seems to be about 3/4" too short for the arm, or the arm cup where the spindle attaches is too deep. I believe Fabtech is working on a solution. Give them a call :argue: and let them know of your problem so they know it is not an isolated issue.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Limit straps on any kit that should have had much more R&D before releasing to the public! You guys are the guinneau pigs here! Not in a good way! Unfortunately Fabtech's R&D will be at your guys' expense I don't like the idea of that! Hoep you guys have better luck from here. Sounds like Fabtech puts somebody else's arms in the jig, removed them to make a new one, but didn't even have a rhino handy to try them on. Look like they never got a set on the dirt themselves. I keep hearing more issues, but what can you do!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You can always buy our kit for the same price, and have zero issues, no alignment issues.. no nada.. but loads of fun! haha.. (ok.. i know it was a shameless plug)

Greg

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You can always buy our kit for the same price, and have zero issues, no alignment issues.. no nada.. but loads of fun! haha.. (ok.. i know it was a shameless plug)

Greg
atleast you admitted it:approve:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Greg
Shameless...nope, just true I suppose. I drove by LSR yesterday, but was pulling a trailer and didn't know if I could turn around. I'll be in Friday to check things out.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Greg
I can't buy it if you don'y have it in stock....6 weeks out.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The shock is supposed to limit the travel before the spindle hits.....oops it doesn't. If I adjust the camber to a posative 3 or 4 degrees it doesn't hit anymore. At 0 or negative camber it hits. What it comes down to is the shock bump stop seems to be about 3/4" too short for the arm, or the arm cup where the spindle attaches is too deep. I believe Fabtech is working on a solution. Give them a call :argue: and let them know of your problem so they know it is not an isolated issue.
They think my front shocks might be too long. Does this sound right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.