Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to purchase the clips that hold the rear axle in the diff. Mine is 06 660?

·
Registered
505 Posts
its an OEM part from dealer or from Babbits or Rocky Mt ATV in OEM parts, they are about $4 each. Look at your model under Rear Wheel 2 category.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at my FSM dozens of times. To me it looks like the whole double off set joint must bought. I do not see them offered individually. I believe one came with an Empi boot kit one time. I am looking to buy them by themselves. Real old buying parts that aren't right or buying a whole kit just for one part of it.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts

This is off partzilla.com i think u need M #17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one in the bag is #17 m. PN 5km-2536e10. The one I need is the other one in the picture. I thought #17 m also was the one needed and bought 4 of them.. The difference is clear. Thanks much for helping. Been driving nuts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Which side r u needing drivers or pass

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Never mind both sides on the 660 have same clip# that hold axle in diff

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Dave can u take a pic of your axle with that big clip on it and the small one held up to the end, i dont even see how that big one would fit in the diff if the smaller one is the only one listed for all years 660’s both sides

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
It looks to me that u r looking for the clip that holds the cv in the cup, that is the only bigger clip i see in any parts diagrams

(C) not (A) and that makes since to me because u cant buy C as a seperate part

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will see what I can do for you. .might take couple days

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My sincere apologies to you guys. The clips I have been looking for are the the big ones that hold the joint into the cup. Not the one in the diff. I feel so stooopid. Friggin senior moments. Happenin' more and more.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
No problems man but now we know what u need let me see if i have a couple

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Dave i looked thru all my stuff and dont have any of the big clips, try and send a PM to intro2rhino and see if he might have any

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think I may have one in my broken axle boneyard at my son's place. Let me know if you cant find one and I will look on Monday. I may have one here but it may be a Wolverine clip and if I am not mistaken they are different sizes, Can you measure the cup inner diameter and I will check my box tomorrow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for looking man. Was wondering if I could make one out of music wire. The clips measure 0.06 thickness on the micrometer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Let me be clear... I was thinking you need the flat circlip ring with the hole on each side of ring to squeeze with your circlip pliers. It is about 2 1/2" in diameter. I assumed you took it out and lost it. Even tho you could get some memory pressure with music wire, I would not do that for any permanent solution!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts