Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything special needed to put in a fuel gauge,,and water temp gauge?

Buying these both tomorrow and would like to know what else I will need...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
not sure, but fuel you might need a sending unit

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
You do need a sending unit. BRP has a nice one that is capacitive or inductive, anyway it doesn't use a float. You just tell it what empty is and what's full.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
DO NOT get the one with the float......It's a pain in the ass! The one BRP sell's makes it a piece of cake, and is more accurate!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I need to get the one that BRP has. Now the fun part is trying to find out where to buy it other than BRP!!!. Checker here I come!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have a setup with autometer gauge and float for $110 new in box. Don't need it after all. I bought a fuel safe and carbon fiber gauge, so selling this setup!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I would think any guage will work with the sender.......I have some no-name off the wall sender with my Autometer and it works fine. Just follow the instructions that come with the guage.

·
4,197 Posts
No dude sorry but you do need to match the resitance reading with the sender and gauge. The link I posted shows a 33-240 ohm sender. The gauge needs to match.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
No dude sorry but you do need to match the resitance reading with the sender and gauge. The link I posted shows a 33-240 ohm sender. The gauge needs to match.
Duh, forgot about that......Thanks Curtis. The Hardin Marine sending unit is probably 33-240 ohm (I think thats all they sell), so youll just have to make sure your gauge matches. Go to the Hardin Marine website and look up your sending unit and verify.

Is this the one youre using?
http://www.hardin-marine.com/Instructions/Xtreme_Fuel_Level_Sender.pdf

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked up all the info earlier,,, there is only one Auto meter gauge that is programmable for use on 33 to 240ohms. And runs $119. The one that BRP depicted is not the same one.

You can not tell me that BRP is only making $20 to $30 bucks on this set up. This is why I am scratching my head on this one.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
There are lots of Autometer's that will work.......Cobalt, Carbons, Sport-Comps and Pro-comps to name a few. All electric, not mechanical though...

·
4,197 Posts
I looked up all the info earlier,,, there is only one Auto meter gauge that is programmable for use on 33 to 240ohms. And runs $119. The one that BRP depicted is not the same one.

You can not tell me that BRP is only making $20 to $30 bucks on this set up. This is why I am scratching my head on this one.
Which autometer do you want? Go to egauges and just pick one. This one is $36.90

<A href="http://www.egauges.com/vdo_ind.asp?Type=Fuel_Level&Series=Ultra_Lite&PN=ATM-4316">

Click to Enlarge
for 240-33 Ohms sender 2 1/16 FUEL LEVEL $60.59$36.90 Part No: ATM-4316 Notes: 240 Ohms empty / 33 Ohms full. For use with Atm-3252 sender. (not included) Choose Sender

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.