Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and was reading about it, but i would like to get some current info on how to do it and whats the best way to do it. I live in the OC but i have a buddy with a pad in willow valley AZ. Im thinking of heading to the DMV in Bullhead in 2 weeks. Any help would be great on what my rhino needs and what to fill out on the paperwork! Im wanting to put a plate on the rhino to be able to drive on the highway when needed... Thanks guys!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I went with someone to DMV in Havasu and showed them the proof there from my dad. Have them send the bill to my California house

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was told that I would have to have insurance from an Az. insurance company. Progressive said the coverage I have would not cover any street driving. Only if I was crossing a highway, etc. Will try again and see if I get a different answer from someone else at Progressive. I have both Comp and Collision coverage.

·
Registered
389 Posts
When I registered mine I showed them my California progressive insurance. She said she will except it and if the state turns it down I would get a letter in the mail. That was 2 years ago and no problem yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just licensed mine for both off highway and street driving. Being out of state, you will most likely have to change the title to an AZ title which will mean a stage 1 inspection. They just check to make sure the vin number matches that on the title. You will have to have minimum liability insurance, mine is through Progressive and costs $75 a year, and then you have to sign a form stating the vehicle is equipped for street use. It is suppose to have a horn, rear view mirror and lighted license plate, but no one checks, just sign the form.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just licensed mine for both off highway and street driving. Being out of state, you will most likely have to change the title to an AZ title which will mean a stage 1 inspection. They just check to make sure the vin number matches that on the title. You will have to have minimum liability insurance, mine is through Progressive and costs $75 a year, and then you have to sign a form stating the vehicle is equipped for street use. It is suppose to have a horn, rear view mirror and lighted license plate, but no one checks, just sign the form.
last time i registered something i bought out of state the mvd said they no longer did inspections. they told me it is your ticket if you get pulled over and it isn't legal. just do what COMP stated above and you'll be fine.:azflag:

·
Registered
7 Posts
last time i registered something i bought out of state the mvd said they no longer did inspections. they told me it is your ticket if you get pulled over and it isn't legal. just do what COMP stated above and you'll be fine.:azflag:
They dont inspect for the street legal equipment, but, in order to license it in AZ I believe it must also be titled in AZ. Last I knew any out of state vehicle has to have the stage 1 inspection before it can be titled here. The stage 1 inspection is nothing more than comparing the VIN on the title to the VIN on the vehicle and checking to make sure it is not reported stolen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They dont inspect for the street legal equipment, but, in order to license it in AZ I believe it must also be titled in AZ. Last I knew any out of state vehicle has to have the stage 1 inspection before it can be titled here. The stage 1 inspection is nothing more than comparing the VIN on the title to the VIN on the vehicle and checking to make sure it is not reported stolen.
last x-mas i bought a trx 450 and trx 90 in vegas and they didn't inspect the quads. all they did was print me titles and i split. the mvd asked if i wanted to street legal them or not and thats it. i bought the rhino in state, and as i recall (4 years ago) all i did was sign the form stating that i had it street legal. this was at the bullhead mvd though, small town.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ya, small town can make a big difference. I had some title issues with mine, it had actually never been titled, still had the original Bill of Origin but it had several name entries on it. My DMV told me it would have to be titled in the name on the form, then be transferred to me. I contacted the dealer whos name was on the form in Wickenburg and they had me come up there, sent me to thier 3rd party title company they used and had the Bill of Origin transferred as a title directly to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts