Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have on 07 Rhino 660. I am installing an Alba exhaust and have already installed a K&N intake. I read on the Alba site what jets to use. Is there any point in buying a jet kit from "Rutting Rhino" or "Dynojet" or could I just order the exact jets I need from the Yamaha dealer? Thanks --- John

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I would get a kit from rutting. and do some testing to see what jets work best. it makes a HUGE difference then just throwing in recommended jets...

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
kit

just buy the jets and parts from alba, the guys knows exactly what u need,no guessing etc....put'm in and go drive it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just buy the jets and parts from alba, the guys knows exactly what u need,no guessing etc....put'm in and go drive it...
What are the other parts you are reffering to? The "Rutting Rhino" kit has jets and stainless steel screws for the bowl. Don't think I really need those. Is there other things I need to make it run tip-top? I.e. new needle, etc...

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
kit

main jet, u can just flop the shims on the stock needle and put like a 170 jet in it for that combo,check with nate at alba to double check me...drill out the epa brass plug and bottom it out and turn it out three complete turns and you're set...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have on 07 Rhino 660. I am installing an Alba exhaust and have already installed a K&N intake. I read on the Alba site what jets to use. Is there any point in buying a jet kit from "Rutting Rhino" or "Dynojet" or could I just order the exact jets I need from the Yamaha dealer? Thanks --- John
I'll bet you wont get the same customer service as Craig from Rutting and you would be supporting a vendor from this site....just sayin!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
every rhino is different. it will run with whatever jet they recommend, but a KN high flow intake and dual exhaust. my rhino likes a 160. tuned with a wideband. everyone recommended a 165-170. I dropped about .45 seconds in my 0-300' run and throttle response is much much better. and wait until you have a Phillips screw strip out on you lol you'll want a SS Allen screw.

IMO get a kit and tune it in. but getting just one jet that's close will get you running, not tip top but good. just my .02

·
Registered
109 Posts
What are the other parts you are reffering to? The "Rutting Rhino" kit has jets and stainless steel screws for the bowl. Don't think I really need those. Is there other things I need to make it run tip-top? I.e. new needle, etc...
FYI- You may need to replace the screws after removing them. I kind of boogard up a few. I had bought the kit from rutting so it didn't matter.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
every rhino is different. it will run with whatever jet they recommend, but a KN high flow intake and dual exhaust. my rhino likes a 160. tuned with a wideband. everyone recommended a 165-170. I dropped about .45 seconds in my 0-300' run and throttle response is much much better. and wait until you have a Phillips screw strip out on you lol you'll want a SS Allen screw.

IMO get a kit and tune it in. but getting just one jet that's close will get you running, not tip top but good. just my .02
be careful running a 160 like the above hillbilly recommends, he lives up at like 3000ft elevation where you need oxygen to breath, play it safe and run it a tad fat.....ha ha ha........I drive it like I stole it at sea level.....it wont foul the plug like a two stroke will that easily either.......take out the bowl screws and go to a good hardware store and the allen bolts to replace them are 59cents, I carry a bunch of them in the trailer for that problem on the stock carbs...alba is a site supporter too....later,camshaw

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
hahaha hillbilly...

and BTW it was a 12.7 AFR and dumont which is like 500ft... so booya! lol I used a AFR because I was scared to run lean...but every rhino is diff, like Nate at alba says...

but with a 170 it will run and def not be lean.

·
Registered
109 Posts

be careful running a 160 like the above hillbilly recommends, he lives up at like 3000ft elevation where you need oxygen to breath, play it safe and run it a tad fat.....ha ha ha........I drive it like I stole it at sea level.....it wont foul the plug like a two stroke will that easily either.......take out the bowl screws and go to a good hardware store and the allen bolts to replace them are 59cents, I carry a bunch of them in the trailer for that problem on the stock carbs...alba is a site supporter too....later,camshaw
I guess at this point, how many times do you want to tear your carb down?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
that's what I am saying if you want to tune it get the kit, if you don't wanna go through all the trouble...an it is time consuming then get what they recommend.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
lmao it's t-bag hang-bag d-bag whatever you want duner...lol

and I just saw your addition to your sig. hahahaha!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Everyone,
How about you just give me a call and I will hook you up for Christmas... Free jetting. Just let me know...

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.