Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the info already, I've read through almost all the tire/wheel threads and learned a ton about offsets and

I'm looking for a new set of tires and have it narrowed down to 26" GBC Spartacus or 26.5 Pitbull Growlers probably with 12" SS108's with 5+2 offsets, rear spacers if I think I need them but I'd rather keep it narrow. The 8 ply look like they measure out at 27" and I'm wondering if they are going to fit a stock rhino without rubbing or if they will rob too much power, just a stock clutch on it now.

This is an Alaska utility/hunting rig more than a racer, so I'm more concerned with crossing mud pits, towing and gear hauling over rough country than top end speed.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't know if they will bog down a stock machine, but if you get a JBS sheave it won't be any problem to spin them. It will also have more low end torque which sounds like what you want/need.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got a set of the pitbull rockers 26.5x9x12 on frt and 26.5x11x12 on rear. Mounted on stock sport alloy wheels. No rubbing but I do have a rubberdown lift kit. They do take a lot of power to turn with a stock clutch. I put greaseless weights and heavier spring. Know I've got plenty of power in the mud and the mountains here in Tennessee.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check into the Jbs hot rod sheave, it sounds like you will love it with those tires. Make sure its Jbs though, NO knock offs!

·
Banned
93 Posts
Take a look at Zillas....I'm running 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 rear with all stock engine and clutch....only mod is a CFM 2" lift for more ground clearance. The Zillas are 6 ply,aggressive and light weight,plus not too pricey. I think they do a great job in mud and have a deceny ride for hardpack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.