Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was looking to dump some money into the an 08 700 rhino and I was thinking of going the following route.

Mod Sheave, dual muzzy exhaust, msd charge fuel controller.

I already have a black rhino CDI, will this work with the above???

If anyone has anything better please let me know.

The motor is completely stock with 50 hours on it

·
Registered
59 Posts
U want need the black rhino cdi the msd will control everything but yea thats a good setup but I would also suggest throwing a cam in it I put the raptor stage 1 and it woke mine up drastically

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the msd basically install and mount in the same place as the black rhino?

·
Registered
539 Posts
just have to make sure you have the fuel map required to run your mods. should be able to get it here on the forum.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I'm assuming that MSD makes it for Black Rhino? I was reading somewhere about hunterworks having the map for their msd with dual muzzy's, will that be able to be put into the black rhino one as well?

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So I'm assuming that MSD makes it for Black Rhino? I was reading somewhere about hunterworks having the map for their msd with dual muzzy's, will that be able to be put into the black rhino one as well?

Thanks for all the help
right....... that is the msd...... under black rhino label...........

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
everything sound great except for exhaust too loud for me suck to listen to that noise all day :aargh4:
Are you saying the muzzy's are too loud?
If so get yourself a set of the whisper core inserts, they make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

Thanks for all the help
The MSD should already have a map in it for muzzy's and an intake mod.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Get a hold of Todd at Hunterworks.com. I bought all my engine mods from him. Cam, MSD, Muzzy, greaseless OD weights, and clutch spring. He even has a map for all the mods. I am very happy with my ride now. I can hit 60mph no problem. I love my Muzzy pipes. They are not that loud, IMHO, at all. Todd can walk you through the entire install. He also has great videos that will walk you through the install. It took me about half a day to do everything myself and could not be happier. Go luck with your mods.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Tazz,
Question for you, not sure if you would know the answer or not. I just got my MSD from a friend and see it installs next to the battery under the hood. The question I have is that there is a black rhino "unleash your rhino" cdi under the passenger seat and don't know if it just disconnects and the wires plug back in or what. I read above that i don't need it with the MSD so I was hoping it just unplugs and there isn't a stock one to put back in. Let me know what you think,

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey VW,
Thanks for the help. You wouldn't happen to know what setting on MSD works best with only a sheave installed 16g weights and 26" tires? I haven't purchased the muzzy yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would not do the 16g weights unless you do the CAM. If you choose not to so the CAM, then get the 18gram OD weights. Not sure of the setting on the MSD. When I got mine, Todd had installed all the necessary programs that I may need. I am sure there is a setting just for the muzzy. If there is not, then I am sure there is someone here that may have it. I agree with Hot Rod, take the one from under the seat out. and just reconnect the wire together.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.