Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering...another bird brain idea?...my rhino cam with a winch plate and reciever hithch on the front..the PO removed the warn w...so i have a nice plate there...i need a larger battey...i was wondering if anyone has put a car size battery in that front local?...and hows it working out?....its down low and out front so it sould help with center of G...and i would ditch the small interstate in the stock box

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i read the thread on the Li Fe's...and the 925 is 175 bucks right?....I was thinking a nice group 24 is like 50-60 bucks...my interstate in the stock local is 8x5 wide...not much bigger that a cycle bat...i think a G 24 would work great..and fit down low and out front

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+ i can find a near new truck battery on craigs for like 25 bucks...if they work running in a truck with heater, lights,wipers radio and all that jazz?...should work in a 700cc no prob

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks ken...thats the input i'm after..i have a black box for it (free} and would mount it well....but the bouncing and acid is a good consideration...i might want a sealed unit...like a altima...see those cheep on craigs as well but more than a lead/acid...but needed

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok after looking at my front end better....it was dark when i had idea...my winch plate is not that big...and my bat box whould be tight...and hight wize it would cover bottom half of rad...so i think under drivers seat would be better...but thats where the box is for my heater..but i just redid the fan on my heater cuz PO got it covered in mud under seat...and ater my last water crossing my fan is not working again...so i might need to move my heater somewhere diff...or i'm thinking of sealing under seat better and have heater and batt under there...the heater box is mounted dead center..and wasts space

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats right craig...i forgot that spot...we have steel at work...i could have the guys weld me somthing that will fit were the 700 air box is...and my heater is all plumed ...just need to seal that area better....and i can get a winch...i often have idea's...i never thought i'm always right...thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.