Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,228 Posts
I gotcha I was thinking that the huge Li Fe battery would be lighter than the stock battery and fit in the same box with the capacity of a good sized car battery...

$300 more... but it does solve the whole weight and cog vs capacity problem w/o having to fabricate anything...

Have you also looked at the mounts that place a car battery behind the radiator... IMO that would be the ideal location to mount a big/heavy battery that won't fit in the stock box...

I know that is not what you asked but just saying... :)

· Registered
3,228 Posts
Have you also looked at the mounts that place a car battery behind the radiator... IMO that would be the ideal location to mount a big/heavy battery that won't fit in the stock box...

I know that is not what you asked but just saying... :)
This is the logical choice IMO...it has been done many times...there are a few pre-fabbed mounts for this on the market...at least there have been in the past...you should at least consider it before re-doing everything you have now...

· Registered
3,228 Posts
Yeah there is plenty of room on a stock 660 to do that...the ones I have seen done and/or for sale have the battery sitting in the open well just behind the radiator fan...same general area as the 700 intake but lower and farther forward I think...puts the weight in the center of the vehicle and it is fairly well protected and easily accessed location relative to other choices...

Shouldn't be too challenging to fabricate a good holder...lots of people have done it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.