Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting soon time for new rubber. Trying to decide between baja & ultracross. looking for mileage, dont do much mud. I'll get a clutch kit with either tire. Can't afford to lose any power. Climbing hills and hauling wood. Not concerned about speed, to old anymore.

·
Registered
296 Posts
BajaCross for me as well-wearing great-But,If you dont want to lose ANY power-you better stick with stock size.I went one size taller & there was a slight loss(26")I have since done the clutch,gold spring,MSD & cam.-No more power issues!:banana:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Baja

Baja for sure. Have these on the Rhino right now and love them. Had them through everything (except snow) and have had no issues. Great on the harder surface stuff. Last time I took the Rhino in for service the service manger was so impressed with them he had the parts manager order 2 sets to put on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
going to get the bajacross tires, now the fun part rims. Just wondering what offsets to get. I'm cross referenceing the other post on offsets. wondering what others are using, and with or without the spacers.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
going to get the bajacross tires, now the fun part rims. Just wondering what offsets to get. I'm cross referenceing the other post on offsets. wondering what others are using, and with or without the spacers.

if u like a lil wide off set and dont wanna run spacers and dont plan on a LT kit , the 2+5 off set is nice, make it 59.'' in back and almost 60'' in front

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

if u like a lil wide off set and dont wanna run spacers and dont plan on a LT kit , the 2+5 off set is nice, make it 59.'' in back and almost 60'' in front
No LT kit, trails are narrow out here. would like to not use spacers cause of the extra weight and and torque it puts on the bearings. I would like have the frt end a little wider than it is now. Its 1 inch narrower in the frt than the back. the rear is just outside the fender flares. The frt end dives pretty good when you go into a corner. hoping new shocks will help that. do you run 7 or 8 in wide rims. i want to get a package tires and rims, rims would be ITP SS108.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If mud is not a concern I would go with tall narrow big horns on all four corners...

Very tough tire...very smooth...very long mileage on pavement or any other surface....lot's of g/c...keep narrow for lighter weight to minimize power loss...great for nasty trails and rocks...

As for your "clutch kit"....

The Hot Rod Sheave is the thing to have...it will be your best option for restoring power loss due to oversize tires...

Contact me when you are ready after you have made your tire selection I will make sure you get exactly what you need...

·
Registered
535 Posts
X2 on the Big Horns. You live in PA, I don't think Baja cross tires are a good choice for your locale. They are quite heavy and are really made for hardpack and rocks. The BH's are good for where your living. They work good on logging roads and in the wet and will last forever. Probably a little cheaper to.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the SS108's 12x7 with 2+5 offset and I LOVE THEM. No spacers either. I wraped them with Duro P-Grips in stock sizes. P-grips are basically a big horn clone but i think they are a little beefier. One of the best upgrades i've done. Picked it all up rocky mtn. atv. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sherman I strongly advice you to revert to 5+2 wheels w/o spacers on the front only...keep your reverse offset on the rear...never use spacers with reverse offset...big mistake...

Jorge...you have never hi-jacked a thread in your life... :)

Still waiting for you to send me your billet adapter...been waiting for months now...what is up with that... :13:

Now THAT's a hi-jacking... :rofl3:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Sherman I strongly advice you to revert to 5+2 wheels w/o spacers on the front only...keep your reverse offset on the rear...never use spacers with reverse offset...big mistake...

Jorge...you have never hi-jacked a thread in your life... :)

Still waiting for you to send me your billet adapter...been waiting for months now...what is up with that... :13:

Now THAT's a hi-jacking... :rofl3:
Lol. I haven't touched my rhino in months to get the adapter to you. I will try soon.

Sent from my DROID X2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts