Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved out here from So.Cal and was looking for places to ride in Charlotte, NC. Anyone with info. please forward.

·
Registered
100 Posts
fabit1,

Checkout southernsxsriders.net and triadtrailblazers.com the first link is a SXS forum with most members in the Southeast, the second is a ATV/UTV club based in the Triad area with members down around CLT too. I hope you don't have a long travel out here, you will hit a few trees with it LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh yeah, one other place to check is www.atvnc.com great bunch of people. Musicman is right, the absolute best riding is in WV, from CLT its about 4 hours and worth every mile of the drive. I go about once per month, no better riding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
check out carolinaadventureworld.com its about 30-40 minutes from downtown charlotte straight shot down I-77 exit 46 great trails a little bit of everything we ride there often

·
Registered
96 Posts
sounds good to me i may have to head a little farther from home let me know when you guys are going to head out there again

·
Registered
62 Posts
been out here for a month, visiting for the holidays and was wondering the same. I do some Fab Work in riverside,Ca. P.M. me if you here anything, put in a company transfer and will be a resident come June. so far the only thing I know is Brimstoine, Tn. or Carolina Adventure World, Sc. check it out, poeple that have been to Glamis and Dumont sat they blow these places away and the drive is compaeable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ive heard about brimstoine and want to go there to but i want to head out with a group of other riders we are going to CAW as soon as my rear pads come in. I will post up my thoughts on the place soon. I think busco beach is a good time and its only 2 hours from jacksonville and its like 15 bucks per atv and 5 per person. keep in touch and we will head out when you get here

·
Registered
59 Posts
brimstone is by far the best place i have ever rode but not too many choices here in the flat lands so going there is like disneyland for us brimstone has alot of trails been twice for a week and still never saw it all plus there are so many "outlaw" trails you would need a local to show you the way but i bet you could ride for days i have also heard you can go from brimstone to windrock on these trails would be a ride though

·
Registered
59 Posts
would like to try hatfield mccoy heard its great but there website made it look like not to many trails for sxs and all were green or blue probably not very challenging also alot of rules and regs heard they can stop you on the trail and search coolers etc and issue tickets no night riding either

·
Registered
96 Posts
Plus you have to get the passes and that takes a while and its like 50-100 dollars a day always wanted to head there to say i did it but not to spend that kind of cash and i heard they are really strick also including almost no lift or big tires and so on

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just rode a place called callantee atv trails in mountain city tn it is right past boone nc awesome place but to cold and icey snow was falling the rhino brakes were freezing up from breaking through the ice on the creek crossings but a definite place for the summer 11 bucks ride all day 15 bucks full hookup camping 130 miles of trails they have a website check it out

·
Registered
96 Posts
website looks pretty good to maybe ill have to head out there soon im still waiting on my brakes though so im still down for now.

Heres the link to there web site if anyone else needs it
ATV Trails in North Carolina

·
Registered
411 Posts
we ride Hatfield Mccoy trails every year. Maybe a couple times. Ive only been harassed once and it was during trail fest. Never seen a cop otherwise. plus there are a ton of free trails nearby too.They allow SXS on all blue and green trails now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just moved out here from So.Cal and was looking for places to ride in Charlotte, NC. Anyone with info. please forward.
Callantee,Johnson City Tenn is by far the best place around here to ride! About the same distance as Carolina Adventure world but alot less expensive and not nearly as crowded! Not really kid friendly but a awesome place to ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Places to ride in nc

Man, not much activity here. Brown Mountain near Lenoir, Uwharie near Albemarle, Brushy Mountain near Taylorsville are the ones I know of. Google ATV trails in NC is where I found these. Only been to Brown Mountain. State facility with $5/day fee nicely maintained. Good luck... Plan to check out hatfield & McCoy ASAP.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Evart's in Harlan, ky.
Wind rock in Tn.
Royal blue in Tn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts