Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 rhino 660 with hardly an hours on it. I bought it and put mudzilla tires on it and snapped driveshafts like crazy (thats why it has no hours) It was sitting for a long time, finally i bought gorilla shafts all the way around. Took it out and spun the drive gear. Looking to get a honda big red. This thing is in awesome shape (besides the drive gear). Ton of extras: 4000# winch on front, 2500# on back, custom bumper,rear bumper, mudzilla tires, gorilla shafts, pro armor padding, front rack, gun rack on back, rails on bed, taillight gaurds, fender flares, etc. Does anyone have any idea what i could get for it either the way it sits or if I fix it? thank you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Probably would do better parting out all the extras and fixing the Rhino and selling it without the addons. Those mudzillas are extremely heavy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well i am no expert but I ride with a guy that has a big red though mud and trials,....... not to be a buzz kill but he hates it....his complaints are.... to wide no gound clearence and no diff lock....its very reliable but not in the same league as a rhino IMO but I think Ganny 76 is right if u got alot of the stock stuff i would part it out and sale as a stock unit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

I was figuring I would be better off parting it out, just wasnt sure. Have you heard anything about the new gator 825i. We do alot of hunting in tamarack swamps. Its some pretty nasty terrain. The only thing I dont really like about the rhino is you have to give it so much gas to climb hills, stumps etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Your already driving one of the best all around utvs out there. Do some clutch mods and a little performance mods and fix it and keep it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a rhino but if it was just for hunting i would look at a Ranger. Fyi i have the 700 rhino and turn 30 inch zillas in the southeast texas mud with no issues. 1000 miles on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was figuring I would be better off parting it out, just wasnt sure. Have you heard anything about the new gator 825i. We do alot of hunting in tamarack swamps. Its some pretty nasty terrain. The only thing I dont really like about the rhino is you have to give it so much gas to climb hills, stumps etc. Any suggestions?
I agree with sTi the ranger would be ur best bet IMO .....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Sorry to dissapoint but I bought a new gator yesterday. Took it out and love it so far, we'll see how it does in the mud. Anyway I am going to sell the rhino to do some things to the new machine. If anyone is interested in parts or buying it as it sits or if I return it to stock. Make an offer. Let me know with any serious inquiries. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts