Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep

I imagine that they used the complete fwd transmission,lock the diff

The 3 cylinder metro engine would put out way more torque than most engine swaps
It would be geared low cause the metro driveline would run thru the rhinos 3.? Gears

An open center diff would give great track handling ablity
But it's problly heavier

Geo metros are cheap compared to other engine swaps
I was thinking a honda goldwing engine but there's alot more problems to figure out with that
Horizontaly opposed 6 cylinder 80hp @80 ft lbs sounds nice with a low center of gravity

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
So it's only front wheel drive???

·
Registered
658 Posts
My guess is they turned the engine sideways and used the front axles as drive lines. If you watch at one point, the front wheels are spinning in the mud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok guys my name is Rick and I built the rhino with the geo metro motor. I don't know how to post pics but pm me and I can send you some pics of the build if you have some ?'s just pm me. thanks

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ok guys my name is Rick and I built the rhino with the geo metro motor. I don't know how to post pics but pm me and I can send you some pics of the build if you have some ?'s just pm me. thanks
How about just telling us how it worked out???????????

--Geoff

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is set up just like a rhino it has 2 wheel drive 4wheel drive and front diff lock it runs just like a rhino but a lot more power

·
Registered
252 Posts
It is set up just like a rhino it has 2 wheel drive 4wheel drive and front diff lock it runs just like a rhino but a lot more power
Ahh, ok, it looked like only the front end was pulling in the video. That looks like fun. The Rhino in stock form is fun, couldn't imagine it with a larger engine and manual transmission. So is the Rhino just a 4WD Geo Metro in disguise LOL.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great idea Rick.

Post some pics for all to see. Maybe some one on the forum can help you with the posting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put a metro in a small rail years ago (rocketta), it sucked, no power at all. it was ok on hard pack, but in the dunes it did not have enough torque. don't waste your time. just my .02

·
Registered
22 Posts
like I said in my previous post. I wouldn't waste my time, unless you could mate it with a better tranny. the Weller kit is the way to go, using either an R1 or SV1. bolt in and you'll have plenty of power.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts