Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's me in the white shirt and the "family" boat I grew up in somewhere around 1980 sold shortly after this was taken

Fast-forward to 2007...I found it (without the Hemi) and have been restoring it since. Here is the day I bought it (less motor)

The more I worked on it, the more I realized that had anyone else bought it, it would have been scrapped. Stress cracks and stringers were Swiss cheese. BUT...no wood rot.

Found and filled over 100 holes in the hull. Then the glasswork started.

Then...roughly 22 years after my dad sold it, I found the original Hemi that was in it...all in pieces but 75% there

I spent a LOT of time to make the floors look good

Then exterior paint to "somewhat" match how my Pops painted it

Then started with the accessories

That's it for now. Motor will be sent off to be professionally built and dyno'd and I'll start rigging it. Should be a kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Rodney! It's been a heck of a ride to get it this far. Hoping to make 1000 HP running E-85. 🏻

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Still got it. Put 17" Excels not for the street. Super fun bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live for stories like this , pass it ti your kids and your knowledge

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
I have a 525 MXC. We have raced it all over the country including outside in baja. Super good bike, love it too.

i have a 450 mxc thing hauls ass

·
Registered
732 Posts
NICE.

I rode in a flat bottom once. It scared the chit out of me so bad, I refused to ride again. And, I was drunk when I rode in it. LOL.

That boat has gotta have some sweet memories for you. Great job on breathing life into it again.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts