Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So? Any of you guys ride as well? I have parted out and rebuilt jetskis for going on 5 years now and love it. I currently own 8 jetskis but most are just ones I am fixing up to sell in spring time.

My personal skis that I ride are Yamaha Superjets...yea..standups. Both are somewhere around 100hp and an absolute blast.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have been riding stand ups since 93. Have had some wicked builds. My 91 Superjet with Billy Pointers 805 stroker-R&D cylinder-48 Novi-Factory type 9 dry pipe was the fastest. Have had 3 new style supers one had 760 motor built by Tom Kerker of factory yamaha was a 62 mph ski, Last ski was a full superstock SXR. Love the sport. Had to stop skiing last year due to severe neck injury though. There is nothing like railing a corner on a stand up. SXR is an excellent hull but actually too easy to ride. My best friend is a former NZ pro national champion, Andrew Triggs. Just rode with MX him a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been riding stand ups since 93. Have had some wicked builds. My 91 Superjet with Billy Pointers 805 stroker-R&D cylinder-48 Novi-Factory type 9 dry pipe was the fastest. Have had 3 new style supers one had 760 motor built by Tom Kerker of factory yamaha was a 62 mph ski, Last ski was a full superstock SXR. Love the sport. Had to stop skiing last year due to severe neck injury though. There is nothing like railing a corner on a stand up. SXR is an excellent hull but actually too easy to ride. My best friend is a former NZ pro national champion, Andrew Triggs. Just rode with MX him a few weeks ago.
Seems like all my friends are putting triples in their skiis now.

Sounds like you had some nice skis! I have seen people dropping 1100 and 1200 motors into their yamahas...However the new big thing is Team Screams motors...They have 1000cc+ motors. Plus tons of new hulls are coming out that are very lightweight.

Mine aren't anything special..The motors are still 701's with ADA high compression heads, Factory B pipes, MSD Ignitions and modded carbs. I am doing some hull mods right now(footholds). Can't wait until riding season again.

·
Registered
643 Posts
No better hull mod than front sponsons. Try tubbies you will love them unless your whole focus is freestyle. Im still a Lynn Vick Products dealer so if you need anything like Solas, Wiseco, Pro X, R&D, Blowsion, Hydro turf ect. let me know I will help.
I sold my last stand up last winter due to the neck injury BUT Im simply not myself without a ski as it was my life for so many years. Im lookin for a square nose again LOL. Let me see if I can find some pix of my last superjet I will post them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Found some SXR pix...Lookin for my Superjet.
thats a clean lookin kawi! been looking to get a stand up for a couple years now. 2008 sj or newer ;)

i got a couple skis. 2 waveblasters 700 limited spec. waveblaster 2, and a kawi 1100 stx di.

love my blaster 1's

·
Registered
643 Posts
thats a clean lookin kawi! been looking to get a stand up for a couple years now. 2008 sj or newer ;)

i got a couple skis. 2 waveblasters 700 limited spec. waveblaster 2, and a kawi 1100 stx di.

love my blaster 1's
I have had 2 blaster 1's. The Blaster 1 is an EPIC ski!!!! truly one of the most fun hulls ever made ( but it needs loads of power to be fun). Triggs just put an 1100 DI in his SXI pro stand up but I havent ridden it yet. Wait til you see my race superjet you wont think much of that SXR. Still lookin for the pix of it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't ridden a ski in 12 years but only because I got into boats again. I have had three jet skis and one SeeDoo. I miss my last 440 that had way to much money and too many mods. I had Wisco pistons and porting and total loss ignition and PJS afterburner pump and and and ........... Sold it for $300 because it was in my way. I need to get into them again.

·
Registered
601 Posts

love my blaster 1's
I have had 2 blaster 1's. The Blaster 1 is an EPIC ski!!!! truly one of the most fun hulls ever made ( but it needs loads of power to be fun). Triggs just put an 1100 DI in his SXI pro stand up but I havent ridden it yet. Wait til you see my race superjet you wont think much of that SXR. Still lookin for the pix of it.
i love superjets! imo one of the best standups made.

very true for the b1's they at the very least need, head, pipe, filters for it to be fun..

where are you located in socal?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Im in Corona. But the only skiis I have right now are Honda 3 seaters. 1 turbo, 1 non turbo. They are BORING as hell. Just pulled the methanol injection kit off the turbo and sold it for rhino mod money, now that ski is gonna really suck. I havent had a stand up in nearly 2 years now, i have gained weight and lost my health. Its a VERY healthy sport.
Im lookin for a 91-95 superjet hull in good condition with or without motor if anyone knows of one.
Where do you guys usually go when you hit the water?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No better hull mod than front sponsons. Try tubbies you will love them unless your whole focus is freestyle. Im still a Lynn Vick Products dealer so if you need anything like Solas, Wiseco, Pro X, R&D, Blowsion, Hydro turf ect. let me know I will help.
I sold my last stand up last winter due to the neck injury BUT Im simply not myself without a ski as it was my life for so many years. Im lookin for a square nose again LOL. Let me see if I can find some pix of my last superjet I will post them.
I have actually been looking at the new Destroyer tubbies from blowsion...however I haven't convinced myself to spend the $300+ on them...any hookups?

love my blaster 1's

I have had 5 Waveblasters among the many other skis. Anything from stock to pretty highly modded. I do wish I could come across another cheap B1 though!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im in Corona. But the only skiis I have right now are Honda 3 seaters. 1 turbo, 1 non turbo. They are BORING as hell. Just pulled the methanol injection kit off the turbo and sold it for rhino mod money, now that ski is gonna really suck. I havent had a stand up in nearly 2 years now, i have gained weight and lost my health. Its a VERY healthy sport.
Im lookin for a 91-95 superjet hull in good condition with or without motor if anyone knows of one.

I know where there is a 91 SN hull but its here in Missouri...no motor or any type of driveline though. If you are interested PM me and I can ask the guy what he wants. He swapped all the parts over to a RN.

·
Registered
643 Posts

love my blaster 1's
i love superjets! imo one of the best standups made.

very true for the b1's they at the very least need, head, pipe, filters for it to be fun..

where are you located in socal?
I would love to have a B1 with a 760/dry pipe/46's/Tassinari reeds again. I traded my last B1 with Jeff Seabold (competitive crankshafts) for his superjet. It was a pretty nice super done up by Watoose. But I miss that B1. I bought it new in the crate from mission Yamaha in 2000, it was a 96 which was the best B1 year because it had raider cases.

·
Registered
643 Posts

I know where there is a 91 SN hull but its here in Missouri...no motor or any type of driveline though. If you are interested PM me and I can ask the guy what he wants. He swapped all the parts over to a RN.
Awesome Bro. But too far away to be worth the money unless its showroom condition. Thanks though very much.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ok here is my race ski. Its a 97SJ hull. Super Stock by Tom Kerker/Team Yamaha. Molded in tubbie sponsons. Drop nozzle. UMI pole. Way too many mods to list. 62+ MPH when set up for smooth water. Sold used for $7200 had much more in it. No carbon hood. Didnt like the handling. Actually better with more weight not less, at least for racing not freestyle.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't have any standups but all ur skis look great. I have 2 seadoo 951xp , gsx 800, and a Yamaha gp1300r. We ride the lakes and love it. Happy riding.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have any standups but all ur skis look great. I have 2 seadoo 951xp , gsx 800, and a Yamaha gp1300r. We ride the lakes and love it. Happy riding.
Nice...If you ever need any parts let me know! I have parts in stock for all of those models.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts