Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm more than likely going to be picking up an 08 Rhino 700FI on Saturday, and one of the first things I want to do is tires and wheels. Looking for suggestions mainly on tires. I'm 48 years old, not 22, so my riding is not very aggressive. I'm not looking for every mudhole or mountain to climb, but will on occasion hit a mudhole or 2. Mainly just trail riding and drinking a few cold ones with buddies.

Also, how big can I go? 26? 27? I've seen some other posts where people reccomend staying at 26 or under, and also running the same size front and rear with the same rear wheel size (12x7) all the way around.

Looking forward to your suggestions and helping me spend money, lol.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I answered on your other thread, but I'd stay 26" as mines a 660, my son in-law on his 700 runs 14"x11"W on all four corners with no problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, 11 wide on all 4? Bet that's a beast to steer in tight situations. How tall is he running?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, ton of suggestions.

Can someone at least explain to me the purpose of going the same size on all 4 corners (9x12), and using the rear wheel size of 12x7?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Ok, ton of suggestions.

Can someone at least explain to me the purpose of going the same size on all 4 corners (9x12), and using the rear wheel size of 12x7?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

1 spare working on all 4 corners. Less rotating mass on your motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Also if the tires are non-directional you can x-rotate for longer life.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Wow, 11 wide on all 4? Bet that's a beast to steer in tight situations. How tall is he running?

26" on 14" rims, steering is no problem at least he hasn't said anything.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts