Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 06 660 a few weeks ago. it has +6 travel, 26" bighorns, K&N filter, Uni CTV filter (no oil), Black Rhino CDI, Rhino Crap scheave and i think thats it as far as motor work. The previous owner said he was getting up to about 53 but lost some speed due to the belt being old. so i took it out and got up to 43 took it home and replaced the belt and up to 45 now.

i changed all the oils cleaned all the filters. when i changed the plug it looked ok to me. maybe a little white. i have been thinking about getting a machined scheave from rutting rhino as it sounds like thats a great upgrade but dont want to get it in and still hit 45 or so.

it has a speratic little hiccup at idle so im thinking of taking it to a shop to get the valves adjusted, it looks like a pain in the ass to get to them all. Could this little adjustment be causing me to loose speed?

any other suggestions as to what would be keeping me from getting back in to the 50's?

thanks in advance

Cory

·
Registered
561 Posts
you cant go wrong with the jbs sheave from craig at rutting rhino. are you running greased or greaseless weights/sliders?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

sheave and cdi got my stock rhino to 51mph on the street with stock tires,then did a pipe and carb and aircleaner and mudbuster cam and it went to 63mph stock tires on the street...its not the speed but how fast it gets to the speed that allows you to climb that dune or hill first.........

·
Registered
561 Posts
Have you pulled your sheave and checked the grease? Might need to clean and regrease? But the jbs definitely kicks ass. I love mine, and love the gains I got from it, well worth the money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent pulled the sheave off but i stuck my finger in there and the grease felt and looked ok. with the cover off i rev'd it up and it looks like the belt moving all the way out the sheave, if that makes sense.

it pulls really good up to about 38 or so and then seems like it struggles to get to 45. i have been thinking that maybe it is possibly the stock sheave is in there. would that make sense that with the cdi it will pass the rev limiter but only hit 45 with the stock sheave?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts