Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 06 660 and it's going to take a little getting used to. I'v rode Quads for many years but this thing seams to go where I wouldn't ride a quad. This has 635 miles on it and was wondering when you need to change the belt. Never had a belt drive so don't know anything about them. I belonged to Arctic Chat Forum and got alot of good info there. I hope this site is just as good.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
i think i got 1500 miles out of mine , 1/2 dune miles, - spec is 1.32 mine was 1.22 when i changed it ,

i think 1.19 is low ? not sure,

its the width that matters tho ,

sum report over 3k miles on a stock belt ,

also if u buy a new belt get the rhino stock OEM 700 belt it fits the 660 and is stronger then 660 belt

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had 1.24" remaining (53% used) when I did my sheave upgrade at 1500 miles. I put a new 700 belt on--$100 is cheap insurance when you can ride farther in an hour than you can walk in a day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oldmustangjunkie. What is the sheave upgrade your talking about? Whats it do? Where can I get info on checking the belt. I'm having a little trouble finding things here. Not up to speed with computers yet.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oldmustangjunkie. What is the sheave upgrade your talking about? Whats it do? Where can I get info on checking the belt. I'm having a little trouble finding things here. Not up to speed with computers yet.
Check out my review in the JBS section. I love my sheave!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with modifications on Rhinos, but for me, I find the Rhino to be very good "as is", well I did put new wheels and tires on as well as bumpers, skid plates and power steering, but for my needs nothing to the engine. I tried a different CDI, but now have the original in; just depends on what you are going to be doing and your expectations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TripleR, I think stock works great for a great majority of people. My Rhino has new tires and wheels that look really good on it. I could see where power steering would be great to have. Is that something that is aftermarket or is it a factory unit. If you wouldn't mind sharing , what kind of cost are you looking at. I've had carpel tunnel surgery done and I don't have the strength in my hands like I used to so I think that power steering would be nice to add on to it if it's not to expensive.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think you can purchase a power steering unit for around $800.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check with ATV Outfitters for the p/s steering unit. I got mine there for less than 800. After having it a while now, I would have paid more for it. 2nd best upgrade , 1st is Hotrod's sheave.

·
Registered
408 Posts
TripleR, I think stock works great for a great majority of people. My Rhino has new tires and wheels that look really good on it. I could see where power steering would be great to have. Is that something that is aftermarket or is it a factory unit. If you wouldn't mind sharing , what kind of cost are you looking at. I've had carpel tunnel surgery done and I don't have the strength in my hands like I used to so I think that power steering would be nice to add on to it if it's not to expensive.
Sorry I didn't get back with you, but I don't spend much time on here anymore. As mentioned, around 800-850 for the unit and since I can't d the work myself, I paid a local shop $150 for installation.

Same with my, my left side is weak from a spinal cord injury and my left hand is pretty weak, so the PS really works well for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts